Honored Contributor

Fairly meaningless - although just like there are good diamonds and bad diamonds, there is good CZ and bad CZ. Still, when we buy any CZ jewelry, the stones have almost no value. The setting does, the design work does, the manufacturing process, the shipping process, the marketing - all that costs with each of them costing more than the stones.

My understanding from my jeweler is that if I wanted to buy a ring that had a CZ in it and replace the CZ with a genuine diamond or sapphire or whatever, he'd give me 25 cents discount for each stone! Could be more today since that was more than 5 years ago, but I would think not anything significant.

Super Contributor

EBay sellers list tons of CZ as "diamonique" as if that's the generic name, rather than a specific brand. Especially sellers from Asia. So yes, they sell fake diamonique.

Respected Contributor
On 11/8/2014 Clover29 said:

EBay sellers list tons of CZ as "diamonique" as if that's the generic name, rather than a specific brand. Especially sellers from Asia. So yes, they sell fake diamonique.

Interesting. I wonder if using the name helps their sales.

millieshops 25 cents? ouch.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/8/2014 Deb1010again said:
On 11/8/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

It's pretentious nonsense.

Ohhhh you're wearing…. Diamonique. I'm so jelly.

*sigh*

Don't hate me because I wear Diamonique. Hate me because I""m sleeping with your husband. LOL

Good one!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

I have two loose cz's that I bought in 1973 that I was going to have made into earrings but never did. They are still very shiny and in perfect condition as if I just purchased them. Don't know where they came from because I bought them from a person whee I worked at the time.

Honored Contributor

All of my Diamonique from years ago looks brand new. (No clouding, etc.) I wouldn't trust just any CZ, because I've heard that many become cloudy after a few years.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I remember many years ago, it came with a certificate of authenticity. So you could tell that it was a genuine fake diamond, I guess.

Respected Contributor

Is a fake fake diamond a REAL diamond??

-Kalli

Regular Contributor
On 11/8/2014 Deb1010again said:
On 11/8/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

It's pretentious nonsense.

Ohhhh you're wearing…. Diamonique. I'm so jelly.

*sigh*

Don't hate me because I wear Diamonique. Hate me because I""m sleeping with your husband. LOL

Respected Contributor
On 11/8/2014 aubnwa01 said:

I remember many years ago, it came with a certificate of authenticity. So you could tell that it was a genuine fake diamond, I guess.

A certificate of authenticity saying that it wasn't authentic?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____