Respected Contributor

Finally got back into the Community Forum

I don't know what happened but about an hour or so ago after scrolling around this site I suddenly could not get back on the community  forum or get to my login page. I could scroll around the site, click to buy something but that was it. I even clicked to purchase a item and it took me to my order so then ( hoping to get back to my login) I canceled the order but still had the same problem. I called CS and they checked with tech support but they could not provide a answer to the problem.

I finally went to the online search and entered "QVC Community forum " and it brought me back to the forum page.

How wierd ! I've never had a problem like that anyone else ever had a issue like this before ? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Finally got back into the Community Forum

Never had this issue, but you might want to clear the cookies, cache from the browser you're using if you haven't done that in a while.

Honored Contributor

Are you kidding ? Every day.  Craziest place to post I've ever seen.  I've cleared cookies/history, refreshed the page, called CS, had to change passwords so many times I've got a list of the latest one or I would have no idea.

Most of the time you just have to be content to read and wait hr or so and try again and see if the dang system is up and going or not.

PITA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes,

I had that happen today in the afternoon too, but also many other times.

This time I thought to clear cookies and though it doesn't always help, it did this time.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes, and @SharkE,

In addition to clearing the browser cookies/cache/website data, as @SaveTheTurtles and @on the bay suggested,

and relaunching the browser,

if you're navigating to the forums via bookmark/favorite that might be the problem.  

Instead, go to the main QVC.com site, scroll down to the bottom of the screen,

click/tap on "Community Forums" and see if that works.  

Sometimes old bookmarks/favorites take us to old URLs that need to be updated.  

I'm sorry you're having problems... it can be aggravating, for sure.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@ on the bay wrote:

I had that happen today in the afternoon too, but also many other times.

This time I thought to clear cookiies and though it doesn't always help, it did this time.

I'm glad someone knew what I was talking about because it's never happened before after years on this site ! Even CS didn't know what I was talking about as I noted he asked Tech support but they did not know what do about the problem. Since I've not had a problem like this I'm not sure how to "clear cookies" ??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes, The specific steps to clear cookies/cache/website data will vary depending on which browser and device you use.
You can use an internet search for your browser and device, or tell us what you're using and we can post the steps.

I'm slower than usual since I'm fat-finger tapping 😉🙃😛😜😉 on my iPad, but if I can't help I'm sure someone else can.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@ dooBdoo thanks so much for your help, I figured out how to fix the problem hopefully ! Thanks again !

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Goodie2shoes, and @SharkE,

In addition to clearing the browser cookies/cache/website data, as @SaveTheTurtles and @on the bay suggested,

and relaunching the browser,

if you're navigating to the forums via bookmark/favorite that might be the problem.  

Instead, go to the main QVC.com site, scroll down to the bottom of the screen,

click/tap on "Community Forums" and see if that works.  

Sometimes old bookmarks/favorites take us to old URLs that need to be updated.  

I'm sorry you're having problems... it can be aggravating, for sure.🌻

Yeah, I got APPLE/Safari browser. On my MacBook Air up top of page on the left is 'History' that's how I delete junk before I come in here.

I know Sonoma is the new one, but, I don't like to switch all the time and I feel QVC should be able to accomadate

Apple, Microsoft, etc.

I do have the QVC bookmark and what you suggested makes sense I will try that next time I have trouble which will be not to long from now.

Thank you for replying and your suggestion  !

Have a happy Easter !

gel thank you.gif

Super Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

yes it has happened to me

mrshckynut