Respected Contributor

Re: Family Feud is NOT family friendly!

The dumbing down of America continues.....Family Feud is just disgusting

Trusted Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Cakers1 said:

It's an idiotic show and without all the S8xual innuendoes it would be off the air.

I always enjoyed the show with Richard Karns and John O'Hurley (?)....they were both enjoyable to watch. I don't agree that the show itself is idiotic.
Esteemed Contributor

Seriously, was it family friendly when Richard Dawson hosted it? I remember him hanging on every woman. I wasn't the type of mom to freak out when my daughter heard about something small about secks or saw a naked body on television.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 4/1/2015 golfcartrider said:

Well I guess I was too explicit, my comment was poofed. Here goes again.

Family Feud is tame compared to the Hardee's commercial with the girl in the red bikini? Eating a hamburger. The commercial with the Sectsy woman telling men they don't need to experience, hmmmm male problems they can purchase a little pill to help.

Everything on TV is now almost embarrassing to watch, especially with kids or teens. Some of the movies We watch with our 20 yr. old Grand Son are difficult to watch without turning red.

Do children or teens even watch Family feud? I would much rather see this then some of the other things on TV now.

Even HSN has gone a little too far with their models in underwear. Nothing is private anymore.

Hardee's is owned by the same fine people who own Carl's Jr. They did the great commercial of Paris Hilton in a string bikini washing a car. When I expressed my opinion of that to their CS department, I was told their target audience was men 18 to 25. I assured them, since it don't fall in that group, that I would never darken their door and I haven't although there is one very close to home. All of their commercials are sexually-oriented.

Most of their commercials have secsual content and a lot of it. I am no prude but they go a bit too far.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Regular Contributor

On 4/1/2015 madzonie said:
On 4/1/2015 Cakers1 said:

It's an idiotic show and without all the S8xual innuendoes it would be off the air.

I always enjoyed the show with Richard Karns and John O'Hurley (?)....they were both enjoyable to watch. I don't agree that the show itself is idiotic.

I just watched a version of Family Feud with a tall man with silvergrey hair.

I don't know his name but I had to change the channel.

All he did was strut around and continually look at himself in the monitor. UGH

I'll take Steve Harvey over him. I just wish that they would not be so raunchy at times.

Super Contributor

OK, no one else is asking, so I'm going to have to ... who or what is "Mr Happy" and why is it something to be kept away from grandchildren?

I thought it was a character in a little kids' book series.

Super Contributor

Are there two versions of the show? I thought it was on during the day but came across it once at night and there definitely was a different tone. I figured they broadcast any shows that went a bit off the rails at night.

Respected Contributor

On 4/16/2015 Clover29 said:

OK, no one else is asking, so I'm going to have to ... who or what is "Mr Happy" and why is it something to be kept away from grandchildren?

You have to be kidding?{#emotions_dlg.laugh} maybe it is?

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Super Contributor

On 4/16/2015 Mama Mia said:
On 4/16/2015 Clover29 said:

You have to be kidding?{#emotions_dlg.laugh} maybe it is?

mm

Oh, it is, for sure Smile I don't know if it's just a British thing though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mr._Men#H

I looked up "Mr Happy" in urbandictionary and got a less family-friendly definition. Something to do with Lorena Bobbett {#emotions_dlg.scared} I had not heard of it, used like that.

Trusted Contributor

OH My!