Respected Contributor

Re: Don't hate me because......

I stopped sending about 3 years ago. Number of cards I was receiving began dwindling too. If I get one from a long lost relative or friend I may go buy one specifically for someone but otherwise don't bother.

Your post is a reminder that I must be officially old now too cuz I don't buy Christmas gifts either! Our family used to do this - we set a limit on cost of gifts and everyone ended buying gift cards for each other. So now we take turns hosting a family dinner for everyone instead. I have 3 lifelong friends I see and travel with often and we also decided against gift exchange and meet for dinner and drinks after the holidays are over. It's made life so much easier!

Honored Contributor

We don't send them much anymore and I miss that. Getting them. Not to put a downer on it, but I'd wait to address them. Things happen. Just saying...

Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

I won't hate you as long as you don't tell me you made the cards too!

I thought that too. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you! You've inspired me to work on mine.

Honored Contributor

I love Christmas cards! Truthfully, I am OCD when it comes to Christmas cards. I easily have a thousand cards in my desk drawer, and am itching to get started addressing them. I order half price cards immediately after Christmas each year, but then ordered more cards recently that were reduced, with free shipping. I cannot just send the same card to everyone on my list; I like a variety of cards and am partial to those with trees, wreaths, holly, lighthouses, a church, or snowy country scenes, which is why I "need" so many cards. I also furnish, and address all the cards for my mother, and am picking up her list today in order to knock hers out this weekend. I will continue to send Christmas cards as long as I have family and friends to send them to.