Honored Contributor

Re: Do you check the weather forecast before you travel?

I've learned to check.  Temps and conditions could be different even in the immediate neighboring state.  And ultimately I bring more clothes than I need for all the "just in case" possibilities.  Jackets and umbrellas too.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the reminder. We are flying to San Francisco on Friday for a work trip. Looks like it will be in the mid 50’s to low 60’s this weekend, as the high. I would have thought the temps would be higher, but I don’t go to CA that often to know the norm. Long pants and lightweight jackets for me this trip.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I always do.  However, when I've traveled to the beach in late fall, you can pretty much tell who are the locals and who is visiting from the northern states.  It might be in the 60's and I'm in a t-shirt and shorts/capris and the locals are in sweatshirts/sweaters and sometimes heavy jackets.

Agreed. When the temps dip to below 70 in Arizona out come the sweat pants and long sleeved shirts. Winter isn't long enough. Rain is something to celebrate and enjoy. 

Valued Contributor

@AZfem wrote:

Yes. Its easy & accurate. 

Did you enjoy Santa Fe?  Its a favorite city of mine. 

It is a fun city to visit and the art is incredible!

Honored Contributor

Please don't come to Phoenix, and then ask the hotel manager for "your money back" because it's too HOT outside.    (That's why summer rates are dirt cheap.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I always check the weather before going anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Thank you for the reminder. We are flying to San Francisco on Friday for a work trip. Looks like it will be in the mid 50’s to low 60’s this weekend, as the high. I would have thought the temps would be higher, but I don’t go to CA that often to know the norm. Long pants and lightweight jackets for me this trip.

CA here. It's always colder in San Francisco than you think it will be. Have a good trip!

Honored Contributor

I check it even when driving the 45 minutes to go see my grandchildren.  I hate bad weather.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

We live in the mountains of AZ and always check weather when we go out of town and anticipate return trip, even if it's just overtime. Can be raining where we are snowing an hour away and in 80s in Phoenix ( all these within 2-3 hrs of our home).
Honored Contributor

The one time we didn't check weather, we ended up at the beach for a week in the rain with two toddlers. Uh, no...never again not checking.