Valued Contributor

Re: Did anyone help color Easter eggs this year?

I still color eggs every year even though there are no kids around. It wouldn't seem like Easter without them. I still make a big Easter basket with a ton of chocolate in it too. Easter is such a pretty holiday. Visually I celebrate it in a big way although much of the other traditions have fallen by the wayside. Happy Easter everyone!

Valued Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

It's been many years since I colored eggs as my kids are adults but it was always fun to see what kind of wild color combinations you could get.

with  MY Grandchildren!!! 

Honored Contributor

NO--no story but I have to admit----I HATED coloing eggs with my kids when they were little--don't know why--they enjoyed it--and every year I bought the newest and greatest kit to do it---I just hated it!! I never hid the real ones around the house--couldn't do it outdoors--it was always raining around here--so I got the plastic ones and filled them with goodies and hid then inside.----and made spud salad with the real ones----I feel the same way with carving pumpkins too--maybe because it was all left up to me --the now X spouse had no time or interest for anything kid related!!!