Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello my friends! Hope you all had a blessed Sunday today! We did - and Lori invited us over for her soup dinner, always very good! Had a nice visit with her also a good game of Dominoes. Haven't played a game for a long time together so this was special! Then tonight Darla called wanting to know how her Dad is, so I gave him the phone and he told her. She is so looking forward to us coming there for Christmas. They bought a fire pit and she said we'll have a Christmas bon fire! That will be different! Tomorrow is forecasted a big snow storm, with about 8 to 10 inches of snow. Too soon for us! We have appointments we may have to cancel if it's too bad out to go anywhere. Blessings today - are many - everyday ones, that are so special. Praying for you all and thanks for your prayers for us.

Remember that God always does what He promises. Lord, where others

bargain, You freely give, when others are too busy, You listen and when

others let me down, You never fail me. Thank You for all of my blessings.

Scripture for the day:

"Through Christ you have come to trust in God, who raised him from the

dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are set on God."

~1 Peter 1:21

Meditation for the day:

God's miracle-working power is as manifest today as it was in the past.

It still works miracles of change in lives and miracles of healing in

troubled minds. When a person trusts wholly in God and leaves to God the

choosing of the day and hour, there is God's miracle-working power becoming

manifest in that person's life. We can trust in God and have boundless faith in

God's power to make us whole again.

Prayer for the day:

I pray that I may feel sure that there is nothing that God cannot

accomplish in changing my life. I pray that I may have faith in God's

miracle-working power.

The "Our Father" Prayer:

Do I Really Mean What I Pray?

Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta once said, "Praying the Our Father and living it will lead us toward saintliness. The Our Father contains everything: God, ourselves, our neighbors...."

Examine how well you live what you pray as you meditate on the following:

I cannot say OUR if I keep my faith only to myself and never share it with others.

I cannot say FATHER if I do not trust in His loving and complete concern for me, forgetting that He always answers prayers how and when He knows is best.

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if I am so attached to the ways of this world that I neglect to seek God first in everything.

I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I am unwilling to let His holiness penetrate my life and help me grow in my own holiness.

I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am not using my life to bring His love into the world.

I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I live by my own ideas of morality or choose to follow the world's standards.

I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I am not devoting my life to serving Him here on earth.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD if I am not willing to be generous with whatever God gives me.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES if I don't want to put forth enough effort to change.

I cannot say AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I still hold a grudge, if I'm still angry, or if I still insist that other people change.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately or knowingly place myself in a position to be tempted.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I'm not actively fighting against evil through deeds of love and service for everyone in my life, especially those who cause problems.

RULES FOR BEING HUMAN

1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.

2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works".

4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" has become a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again, look better than "here".

7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.

8. What you make of life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.

9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, trust.

10. You will forget all this.

~(Anonymous)

Get Out of Your Own Way

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it:

Your words, your dreams, and your thoughts have power to create conditions in your life.

What you speak about, you can bring about. If you keep saying you can't stand your job, you might lose your job.

If you keep saying you can't stand your body, your body can become sick.

If you keep saying you can't stand your car, your car could be stolen or just stop operating.

If you keep saying you're always broke, guess what? You'll always be broke.

If you keep saying you can't trust a man or trust a woman, you will always find someone in your life to hurt and betray you.

If you keep saying you can't find a job, you will remain unemployed.

If you keep saying you can't find someone to love you or believe in you, your very thoughts will attract more experiences to confirm your beliefs.

Turn your thoughts and conversations around to be more positive and power packed with faith, hope, love and action.

Don't be afraid to believe that you can have what you want and deserve.

Watch your "thoughts," they become words.

Watch your "words," they become actions.

Watch your "actions," they become habits.

Watch your "habits," they become character.

Watch your "character," for it becomes your "Destiny."

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!

~ Author Unknown ~

GUIDANCE

Author Unknown

When I meditated on the word guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the

end ofthe word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like

dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The

movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite

uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person relaxes and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to

flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to

the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as

if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender,

willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and

skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word guidance. When I saw "G," I thought of

God, followed by "u" and "i." God, "u" and "I" dance. God, you, and I

dance. This statement is what guidance means to me.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get

guidance about my life.

Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

Honored Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Wisconsin is supposed to get their first snowstorm of the season. I always pray that people will be safe in their travels.

Trusted Contributor

Gloria, happy for Linus and I hope and pray that snow storm isn't too bad so you can get to your appointments.

Counting my blessings, and blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Honored Contributor

gloriajean, I hope you will cancel the appointments if the weather isn't safe. No sense in taking risks, please stay safe.

Trusted Contributor

Blessings to all. Gloria, stay safe....It is warm here today, but that is going to change.

Frequent Contributor

Hello everyone,

For those of us who just might be classified as "older", this was a very imaginative costume for two young kids in Vero Beach, Florida.

cid:part1.07040708.05030804@att.net
Trusted Contributor

Please pray for me. Thanks....

Super Contributor

Be still, and know.