Respected Contributor

Congratulations to the Chicago Black Hawks on winning the Stanley Cup.

Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations to the Chicago Black Hawks on winning the Stanley Cup.

Yes, we are still dancin in the streets!!! We have such a passionate for sports--- hockey has deep roots in Chi-town.

It was a great final series-the Lightning played extremely well.  Hats off to the Lightning team & fans.  Here's hoping the Hawks can positively impact our other teams, in particular, the Cubbies Woman Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

The corner of Clark and Addison was celebration headquarters for thousands of Blackhawks fans after the team won its third Stanley Cup in six seasons Monday night. Tuesday night, the Blackhawks brought hockey's ultimate prize to the Friendly Confines and kept the party going.

As they've done in championship years past, Wrigley Field was one of the first destinations on the Blackhawks' championship tour. Brad Richards carried the Cup in from the right-field corner, and the team paraded the trophy around the warning track.

Eventually, Patrick Sharp handed it off to Cubs manager Joe Maddon, who hoisted it above his head. Finally, the Cup made its way to the pitcher's mound, courtesy of Patrick Kane, ahead of a special first pitch from Jonathan Toews to Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo. Then came the team picture, featuring the Blackhawks, the Cubs and Lord Stanley.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Hi, Chi Town, I'm so happy for all the Blackhawk fans.  I know exactly where Addison and Clark are.  I was born and raised in Chicago and lived in the vicinity of Addison and Pulaski.  Had a great childhood in Chicago.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

Hi, Chi Town, I'm so happy for all the Blackhawk fans.  I know exactly where Addison and Clark are.  I was born and raised in Chicago and lived in the vicinity of Addison and Pulaski.  Had a great childhood in Chicago.

Hey Big Sister-you know the saying, about how good it is to be "a midwest girl". You'll always be a chi-town girl no matter where you end up living Woman Wink

I had one of the best apartments right after college. A tiny studio in a brownstone right off Diversey pkwy/Lincoln Park. Walking distance to great restaurants,  shopping, the beach & the famous Weiner Circle--talk about a place to go for people watching and at 3am after dancing all night Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Chi-Town girl, you did live in a great neighborhood.  It was a wonderful area for a single girl.  A year before I moved to California I lived at Sheridan and Touhy.  I think that was the Rogers Park area and I was across Sheridan from the Lake.  I know that the apt. building has been gone for many years.

Nice talking to you.