Respected Contributor

Re: Congratulations Jessa and Ben!

On 11/4/2014 gazelle77 said:I feel the same way! In America families today are a mess...killing each other...divorce, drugs and alcohol....how wrong is a family that has values, love, commitment, closeness. It is beautiful to see.

I feel sorry for you if that's the only kind of families you know.

It's just the opposite for me (and for most people). I don't know any families who are killing each other. Divorce doesn't mean a family can't still be loving and good.

No family is perfect, which is another reason the Duggars are so questionable and unrealistic.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

On 11/4/2014 faeriemoon said:

Their admirers should read some of the stuff they put out on social media. They're not as non-judgemental as they portray themselves on their show.

What social media do they use?

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

What does Ben do for a living?

Honored Contributor

Lion, they use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. They've made some controversial statements recently and have gotten a lot of criticism - rightly so.

Respected Contributor

On 11/4/2014 brii said:

Lion, they use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. They've made some controversial statements recently and have gotten a lot of criticism - rightly so.

Thanks, bri. I'll check it out.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

On 11/4/2014 bikerbabe said:

Jim Bob moved him into a little bedroom above one of their storage sheds and gave him a job as a general handyman. More like a handyman-in-training because he really knows very little about doing anything.

He's very immature.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Since Ben moved to Duggar-land, he gave up working with his father. His father owns a windshield repair service.

I'm sure Ben and Jessa can make some money selling photos to magazines. Jim Bob will make sure of that.

Honored Contributor

On 11/4/2014 Lion said:

Jim Bob moved him into a little bedroom above one of their storage sheds and gave him a job as a general handyman. More like a handyman-in-training because he really knows very little about doing anything.

He's very immature.

I'd prefer my daughter marry someone who has the means to support her. Is he going to college?

Respected Contributor

I'd prefer my daughter marry someone who has the means to support her. Is he going to college?

He was attending college part-time before Jim Bob moved him to Duggar Land. (Thanks, bri.)

I'm sure he's not attending any more. Jim Bob's prime plan was to get him closer to Jessa so he could speed up their courtship/marriage. Mission accomplished.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

On 11/4/2014 paie said:
On 11/2/2014 newziesuzie said:

They count on others to support them because their family's so big and they can't afford everything they want. Like these huge weddings with volunteers doing the work and supplying food most people would pay for themselves, TLC finished building their house and decorated and furnished it (did TLC donate the wedding dresses?). They rely on TV show money and benefits to pay their way but if something goes wrong or the viewers stop watching the house of cards might collapse. I still can't believe people know reality shows aren't real but decide to believe this one.Smiley Happy

If you check "celebrity net worth" online you will see that Jim Bob is worth 3.5 million. They are not hurting and probably never will be because they know how to make their money last. They never counted on others to support them...and their TLC show made them rich. They are still a fairly modest family that lives well below their means.

I don't know that celebrity net worth sites online are accurate. But then I don't believe reality shows depict reality either. But the Duggars are takers not givers imho. Jim Bob even said they couldn't have these big weddings without all the donated time and work and food and flowers, etc.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••