Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations Jessa and Ben!

Ben is lacking in the smarts department. Not sure what Jessa sees in him.

Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 Joselyn33 said:
On 11/1/2014 THEJBUGG said: Well she's The Oldest Daughter And isn't Married.

And? Do they have to get married in order?

And the Duggars are made fun of because of their beliefs? Married in order of birth, how crazy is that?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 beckyb1012 said:
And the Duggars are made fun of because of their beliefs? Married in order of birth, how crazy is that?

Just another thing they make up about them.

Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Joselyn33 said:
On 11/3/2014 beckyb1012 said:

Just another thing they make up about them.

Along with saying Jessa and Ben are younger than they are and that JimBob picks their husbands for them. He doesn't btw. Any young man who contacts the girls about dating gets referred to their father (their choice) and he screens them. Then it's up to the girls if they are interested and all the older girls have mentioned turning guys down who had spoken with their Dad. But why let truth get in the way when it's so much more fun to mock and deride what they don't understand?

Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
Along with saying Jessa and Ben are younger than they are and that JimBob picks their husbands for them. He doesn't btw. Any young man who contacts the girls about dating gets referred to their father (their choice) and he screens them. Then it's up to the girls if they are interested and all the older girls have mentioned turning guys down who had spoken with their Dad. But why let truth get in the way when it's so much more fun to mock and deride what they don't understand?

I honestly think that some people believe this family is completely different than what we see on TV. Not only do they think that --- they WANT this family to be different. They're itching for a juicy story about the negative side of the Duggars.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 QMaven said:
On 11/1/2014 Love Roses said:

Nice looking couple. Did she borrow her older sisters dress? They do that in their family.

They are very young and it seems the only goal in life is marriage for the Duggar family and their mates. I wish them well.

How could you possibly know what their goals in life are?

You missed reading #10 post. I surmised the goal to be marriage as that's all they seem to be raise for - making lots of babies too. No interest in the military, college, vocational schools, higher learning, professional careers, etc. is ever conveyed. Doesn't seem they make friends in the world that aren't of their family or belief.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Love Roses said:
You missed reading #10 post. I surmised the goal to be marriage as that's all they seem to be raise for - making lots of babies too. No interest in the military, college, vocational schools, higher learning, professional careers, etc. is ever conveyed. Doesn't seem they make friends in the world that aren't of their family or belief.

Actually they speak about taking classes, learning a trade or vocation and missionary work all the time. So... there goes that theory.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/3/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

I honestly think that some people believe this family is completely different than what we see on TV. Not only do they think that --- they WANT this family to be different. They're itching for a juicy story about the negative side of the Duggars.

I think things may be different in the future. What if two or three of the offspring are of the alternative lifestyle. It would not be because others would want to see them shamed or humiliated, they just don't sell all their harmony to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually they speak about taking classes, learning a trade or vocation and missionary work all the time. So... there goes that theory.

So in between the babies, etc. they will do other things? Okay. It will remain to be seen.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they do a lot of talking, but do they actually follow through for the younger ones? They are so sheltered from the camera that it makes me sometimes wonder how much education they're actually getting.