Honored Contributor

Re: Congratulations Jessa and Ben!

Jessa and Ben kept their first kiss private (good for them). They didn't kiss in front of the 1000 guests at their wedding. Jim Bob and Michelle did not know that was Jessa's plan. Jim Bob and Michelle want TLC to not air the footage of their shocked faces.

Good for Jessa!

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 brii said:

Jessa and Ben kept their first kiss private (good for them). They didn't kiss in front of the 1000 guests at their wedding. Jim Bob and Michelle did not know that was Jessa's plan. Jim Bob and Michelle want TLC to not air the footage of their shocked faces.

Good for Jessa!

I'm guessing they'll get their way.

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 11/5/2014 brii said:

Good for Jessa!

Of course they'll get their way.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I watched the proposal show last night! Ben's proposal was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Didn't know he had it in him! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

It was awesome, and what a lovely church in the forest.

Respected Contributor

Very romantic locale for the actual proposal. Don't hate me for saying this, but I thought the scavenger hunt thing was pretty lame.

I just wonder how much of these proposals are the young mens' ideas & how much are TLC's? I also wonder where they got money for what look like pretty nice engagement rings. Are they also getting paid to be on the show?

Respected Contributor

I admire Jessa for taking control over at least that small but significant life milestone. A positive first step.

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Wow! I watched the proposal show last night! Ben's proposal was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Didn't know he had it in him! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

It was awesome, and what a lovely church in the forest.

I doubt he thought it up himself.

Esteemed Contributor

Gorgeous picture, love the dress. I think she is a very pretty girl.

Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 brii said:
On 11/5/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 11/5/2014 brii said:

Good for Jessa!

Of course they'll get their way.

They'll not only get their way, but JB, Michelle, and the producers will go back and edit the show to make it look like JB & Michelle *knew* it was going to happen.

Jim Bob controls what's shown on that show. Have we ever seen anything negative or normal family issues? Not once. It's always happy, happy, smile, smile - other than when the last two pregnancies had problems.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Free2be said:

I admire Jessa for taking control over at least that small but significant life milestone. A positive first step.

ITA. A little glimmer of hope that she'll rock the boat and do her own thing more often.

I think it's very telling that she didn't tell her parents ahead of time about the first kiss. She knew they'd force it to happen if she gave them the chance.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent