Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Have Any Thoughts On the SEAL Coming forward?

Well after the fact. I question why all the secrecy in the first place...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

On 11/8/2014 happy housewife said:

He has put himself in danger but that was his choice to do so. I think he was foolish.

He's put his family, friends and anyone who might be near him in public in danger. It's not like they're going to send a sharp shooter after him. They're more like to send a suicide bomber and bombs don't discriminate about who they kill.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

On 11/8/2014 stevieb said:

Well after the fact. I question why all the secrecy in the first place...

Because they are sworn to secrecy on their ultra-secret missions - before, during and after.

They are a TEAM - no one's role is more important than the next soldier's.

Honored Contributor

On 11/8/2014 adelle38 said:

He has put himself in danger but that was his choice to do so. I think he was foolish.

He's put his family, friends and anyone who might be near him in public in danger. It's not like they're going to send a sharp shooter after him. They're more like to send a suicide bomber and bombs don't discriminate about who they kill.

They put contracts out on them. Remember when the author had to go into hiding?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 11/8/2014 Snowpuppy said:
On 11/8/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 11/8/2014 Snowpuppy said:
On 11/8/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:
On 11/8/2014 Plaid Pants said:

I think he's a glory seeker because he broke protocol.

It was an idiotic move. His photo is out there and his name. I suspect he now has a target on his back.

You're right. He does have a target on his back.

Unfortunately, those closest to him will also be in danger. Whether he did it or not he's putting others at risk now.

And that's the really frightening part.

And of course, no one on earth knew his identity before he chose to go public. Right? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

anyone with serious intentions would already know who he was. They don't need CNN to inform them.

How would they know?

Wow. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Wow what?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

Here is one possible scenario.

You have a loner, someone who thinks OBL is the greatest thing that ever was. A rogue fanatic.

He learns through the recent news coverage that this person is bragging that he killed OBL.

This lone nut-case, gets it into his head that this dude must be punished for having killed his hero.

So, he plans his revenge on Robert O'Neill.

That is very possible.

Valued Contributor

I remember that. That's a terrible way to have to live.

Honored Contributor

On 11/8/2014 wookie said:

I don't know if I'll get the spelling correct, but his name finally came to me: Salman Rushdie.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

On 11/8/2014 wookie said:

I don't know if I'll get the spelling correct, but his name finally came to me: Salman Rushdie.

That's funny, Noel. I remembered his last name was Rushdie, but when I spelled it out, it didn't look right, so I deleted it.
Trusted Contributor

If you're referring to Salman Rushie, the Ayatollah Khomeini issue a fatwa in his case and several bomb attempts were made including one that destroyed two floors of a London hotel. So, yes, other people's lives were at risk. In the case of the SEAL, we're talking about Al Qaeda which is known to want to take as many lives as possible when they target someone.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.