Valued Contributor

Anyone Have Any Thoughts On the SEAL Coming forward?

I am puzzled by it. My stepdad was in the Signal Corp, and took what he knew to his grave with him. One time, in the latter years of his life, I asked him if he could share a little about his work since so many decades had passed. He told me he couldn't.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Have Any Thoughts On the SEAL Coming forward?

The vows we take are only as good as the integrity of the human being taking them. People have a way of rationalizing all kinds of things to make it fit their agenda. I guess I'm neutral, to answer your question.

I don't know what else we're to learn about what happened that day. I'm satisfied just knowing bin laden is gone.

Valued Contributor

It could be that the standards are different now, but I couldn't help but think back to the conversation we had when I heard about it.

Respected Contributor

I don't think they should be talking about it. JMHO

-Kalli

Regular Contributor

On 11/8/2014 wookie said:

I am puzzled by it. My stepdad was in the Signal Corp, and took what he knew to his grave with him. One time, in the latter years of his life, I asked him if he could share a little about his work since so many decades had passed. He told me he couldn't.

Mine was the same way.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

This guy is a public speaker, who goes around the country giving lectures.

Who cares who pulled the trigger that put and end to B.L.? Does it really matter who did it? No, it doesn't.

He knew, as a Seal that there is an "oath" to keep missions secret. He broke that oath.

He has now put himself, and his family in danger. Who is to say that some whack-job won't try to take him, or a family member out as revenge for having killed B.L.?

And the reason he's going around bragging? Because he wants to be the "hero", and he wants the attention for his lectures. He wants to be worshiped.

"Hey, everybody! Big me! Big me! I killed B.L.!"

Sorry, bud, but you aint no "hero".

Your fellow Seals, who know how to keep their mouths shut for the safety of their families, and keep the code, are the real heroes. Not you.

I hope his speaking engagements dry up faster than the Mojave desert.

Regular Contributor

On 11/8/2014 wookie said:

It could be that the standards are different now, but I couldn't help but think back to the coversation we had when I heard about it.

Morals, standards and codes are sold for the almighty dollar.

Honored Contributor

He went against the code. That puts a weakness in the system. I disagree with what he did. Does that make me old school? Yes. We (as a nation) expose too much. JMO.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I saw some news stories today that said he was lying. Time will tell, I guess.

Regular Contributor

On 11/8/2014 Preds said:

He went against the code. That puts a weakness in the system. I disagree with what he did. Does that make me old school? Yes. We (as a nation) expose too much. JMO.

Well said! I agree with everything you posted.