Honored Contributor

Re: 18 Weird & (sometimes embarrassing) Habits All Cat Owners Are Guilty of Having ;-)

Guilty as charged! I knew each cat by their smell.{#emotions_dlg.blush} I miss all the meaningful discussions we us to have, too. LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 18 Weird & (sometimes embarrassing) Habits All Cat Owners Are Guilty of Having ;-)

Okay - serious question. You're sitting on the couch watching Susan Graver's show with a cup of coffee in your hand and a sleeping cat on your lap. Your coffee starts getting cold... do you dump the cat and go warm up your coffee, or drink cold coffee? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Of course, you drink cold coffee! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.wub} (And I do not like cold coffee!) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Weird...? Embarassing...?

Huh...? Where...? What...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I don't do all of them but I do do a good number of them.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/30/2014 kittymomNC said:

Okay - serious question. You're sitting on the couch watching Susan Graver's show with a cup of coffee in your hand and a sleeping cat on your lap. Your coffee starts getting cold... do you dump the cat and go warm up your coffee, or drink cold coffee? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Of course, you drink cold coffee! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.wub} (And I do not like cold coffee!) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I don't drink coffee, I drink tea. That said, I would drink my tea cold. Only 1 of my 6 kitty babies likes to sleep in my lap & when he does, I try not to wake him since he doesn't do it on a regular basis. I love having that beautiful ball of fur snuggled up in my lap.

Respected Contributor

Guilty of some, BUT it's not just with my cats....guilty of the same ones with my doggie kids!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Cute, but I never did most of those things. I do admit to talking to my cat(s) & calling him/her my baby, but certainly didn't give them lots of nicknames, buy them birthday & Christmas gifts, etc. Please don't generalize by saying all cat owners do these things.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/30/2014 sgraham30 said:
On 10/30/2014 kittymomNC said:

<em>Okay - serious question</em>. You're sitting on the couch watching Susan Graver's show with a cup of coffee in your hand and a sleeping cat on your lap. Your coffee starts getting cold... do you dump the cat and go warm up your coffee, or drink cold coffee? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

<em>Of course, you drink cold coffee!</em> {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.wub} (And I do not like cold coffee!) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I don't drink coffee, I drink tea. That said, I would drink my tea cold. Only 1 of my 6 kitty babies likes to sleep in my lap & when he does, I try not to wake him since he doesn't do it on a regular basis. I love having that beautiful ball of fur snuggled up in my lap.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

I LOVED this list!! I just called a good friend and read thru it with her and she laughed so hard. THANKS for sharing!!

Honored Contributor

Wait a minute ...... I have a new Kitty (little Bogart, almost 5 months old) and I've been reading a LOT about care and development .... {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I read somewhere that when a cat meows he is trying to communicate with you, and it's important to try to determine what they're trying to say to you .....

If a "cat psychologist" says it's true ..... well, then, it MUST be true ..... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}