Respected Contributor

Laura Geller Baked Foundation...

[ Edited ]

I purchased Laura Geller baked foundation many years ago on QVC. 

I didn't see her for awhile and now I see her baked foundation in various places like it's a brand new product.

Is this the same product she had many years ago, or is there a difference?

Would like to try again, but not if it's the exact product.

Seems like years ago I liked it, but had a hard time finding the right shade for me.  

Thanks for any info.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Baked Foundation...

I tried it recently and didn't like it. When I would go outside and look in the car mirror it was shiny and seemed to be a bit chalky. I'm pretty pale and it just wasn't for me. 

Honored Contributor

I'd say the foundation is unchanged.  I sometimes use it over a tinted moisturizer.  Don't care for it alone. 

I really love her baked eyeshadows, and wear those almost every day. 

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I purchased Laura Geller baked foundation many years ago on QVC. 

I didn't see her for awhile and now I see her baked foundation in various places like it's a brand new product.

Is this the same product she had many years ago, or is there a difference?

Would like to try again, but not if it's the exact product.

Seems like years ago I liked it, but had a hard time finding the right shade for me.  

Thanks for any info.

@Sunshine Kate I find the same thing as far as not finding a shade that's right for me. I'm hoping they expand their shade range and have written to them, requesting same. I do like the finish and coverage I get from it.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate - by chance, was it the Baked Elements Foundation that you bought years ago?  It was nothing like the Balance-n-Brighten, light and beautiful coverage. It was my favorite.  I stocked up on a bunch of them and proceeded to forget about them until they were recently found. I used it the other day as a finishing powder and today as my only foundation over Spackle and I actually felt comfortable and confident when DH and I went to vote and do a couple quick errands in town.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate I'm pale/white w/almost no color & her Balance & Brighten in light works for me.  I just brush over the product & swipe on my face & it seems to work for me.  

Super Contributor

I have been wearing Balance and Brighten for at least 20 years. (I stopped using a liquid foundation after college...only mineral or baked since.) I have a lighter complexion with broken capillaries and some sun spots so I use her LIGHT as a base, buffing it all over. They I buff my BE color lightly over it which gives my skin a glow. I work in a higher end beauty store part time and am asked what I am wearing as my skin looks natural...we don't even sell it at my store but I honestly still recommend it when someone asks. Don't be afraid to try it.

Honored Contributor

I have been using it for a number of years.  I don't know if it's changed from the beginning??  I think it is a good product.  I use it for a while and then I always look for other things because I am never satisifed with my complexion.  It's not the product, it's me!  I am pretty fair but not ghostly white so I use a very light shade of the product kind of as a base coat and then the next shade up to add some color and more coverage.  Go easy with the product is what I found.  You can always add more.  Two more things I like about the product is:  It's very easy and quick to apply, and it's great in the warm weather months because it doesn't feel hot or greasy as some foundations do!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I like Laura's Balance & Brighten foundations.  I have it in the medium and also in the tan for the summer months.  I sometimes simply use it over her tinted Spackle or over a light coverage foundation,  if I'm going to a special event.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Super Contributor

I like it. I wear porcelain and then add fair as a contour. It’s a very quick application and never looks heavy on my skin!