Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Jen Luv on Youtube's LIVE chat today?

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm surprised to hear that from a beauty guru such as Doris Dalton.  She should expect a lot of negative flack from that statement.

@San Antonio Gal   .....and she calls herhelf a doc and has a beauty line? Obsurd, no SPF!! Do her foundations not have sunscreen in them?

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
Yes I watched it. My thoughts were meh. I can think for myself. I love the doll ten products I have tried and them saying something stupid won’t make me stop buying them. If I stopped buying every product because a brand said something dumb I wouldn’t have anything to buy.

I do get where they were coming from. Some people are so ridiculous with sunscreen. I mean telling people to wear it inside is silly. Ot put it on even when it’s raining and you’re going to be inside everyday. I am not going to put it on just to go take the garbage out. If you’re going to be out in the sun for a little bit where you could get burned put it on. I also think it’s funny these woman put it on their face but don’t put anything on their arms and legs in the summer.

@ccassaday   I think the reasoning behind wearing it every day inside or when it's raining is to be in the habit of applying it as the last step of skincare. That way, you always have it on even if just going to the mailbox or you decide to run errands. It's already on you under your makeup.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus 

I agreee with you .I watch Dr Dray and that is what she says . It gets you into the habit . It is also protection in case the sun comes out later in the day you are already covered . I also have been suprised that so many cosmetic companies like Skinn , Isomers and Perricone really never talk about sunprotection or have more than 1 if that sunscreens 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm surprised to hear that from a beauty guru such as Doris Dalton.  She should expect a lot of negative flack from that statement.

@San Antonio Gal   .....and she calls herhelf a doc and has a beauty line? Obsurd, no SPF!! Do her foundations not have sunscreen in them?

She said she won't put it  in her foundations because it changed the formulas. SPF is useless anyway in makeup because your not putting on enough and your supposed to wear a separate sunscreen anyway, 

BTW they didn't say no spf. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

R

@ccassaday wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

She said she won't put it  in her foundations because it changed the formulas. SPF is useless anyway in makeup because your not putting on enough and your supposed to wear a separate sunscreen anyway, 

BTW they didn't say no spf.

I appreciate this info, after you actually watched the video!

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been wearing SPF on my face since I was a teen in the 1970s. I don't think any foundations back then had SPF. The products today are better and easier to apply.

I don't spend a lot of time outside because I am fair and burn easily, and my asthma and allergies can get aggravated. I still apply a generous amount of a separate SPF product under my tinted moisturizers which also have SPF. I'm in my 60s, and I think wearing sunscreen on my face all these years has really helped to lessen sun damage to my face.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't see the Jen Luv video.  I do watch her from time to time but she's not in my regular rotation. I have no idea who Doris Dalton is.

I don't wear sunscreen, ever. But that's because of my lifestyle and because I feel that the industry has whipped up a frenzy when it comes to sunscreen/spf. I am light-complexioned and burn somewhat easily. But mostly I'm allergic to heat so I am a cave dweller and don't worry about sun protection. I have learned to appreciate and embrace my milky white complexion and have no desire to be a bronzed goddess 😁  I do encourage my grandchildren to wear sun protection as they are average teenagers who are in the sun all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear sunscreen when I'm outside for awhile, but don't see the need for it when I stay in the house. Also   I won't be pushed into applying sunscreen when I don't think it's necessary for me. I agree with Monicakm that the industry is whipped into a sunscreen frenzy. 

I can understand if a person has had skin cancer or if it runs in the family, but otherwise the whole thing is overdone. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

What surprised me was that Dalton was a chiropractor and not a dermatologist. 

I don't wear sunscreen while I'm in the house. I do wear it in the when I'm driving for more than an hour as I have noticed I've been pink. 

im like Jen; I don't have a problem with her saying she doesn't wear sunscreen, but I don't like the her implying sunscreen can cause cancer. Jen played more of Daltons podcast on her live show.