Respected Contributor

Dazzling White Pen ( $ store brand) Experiment

OK. So I was in the Dollar Tree and saw the whitening pens hanging "Dazzling White" and grabbed 4 of them. What could it hurt? I took a picture of my teeth prior to starting the regime. I will report back in about a week to see if I get the same results as I did with the very pricey Smileactives I got from QVC.  Here is the ingredient deck for the bargain pens:  

Dazzling White:  Pen Ingredients: Purified water, SDA 38B,Polyvinyl pyrrolidone, Polyethylene glycol, Hydrogen peroxide.  (Percentage of hydrogen peroxide is 6%.)

Here is the ingredient deck for the ones here on qvc:

Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer,
Ammonium Hydroxide, Flavor, Sucralose, Etidronic Acid, Potassium Stannate.

Will be interesting!! By the way, the Smileactives didn't blow me away. I got about two shades up. My teeth are white enough, but I wanted them whiter because I drink coffee. But you have to keep it up. It's not permanent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dazzling White Pen ( $ store brand) Experiment

@bmorechick,

That's great that you are doing this. It will be very interesting to me because I currently use the Smileactives Advanced pens and they can get expensive after a while of using them.

Do you know which Smileactive pens you used?...Regular or Advanced? Do you know what the peroxide percentage is for them? ThanksWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

sillieemee...I used the regular strength. QVC's ingredients on their pens did not specify the percentage of  peroxide in them. You may be able to google that Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Here's what I found when I googled:

Smileactives Regular - 9% peroxide

Smileactives Advanced - 12% peroxide

Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick ~  thanks for testing these and giving your review.  I've been wanting to try these too and I'm anxious to hear your comments in the future!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt