Frequent Contributor

"PROLONGED EXPOSURE COULD CAUSE IRRITATION TO SKIN AND URINARY TRACT"

I just noticed this warning on my shower gel/bubble baths from February. When did this get added to philosophy?

I have a very old Ice Cream Man bottle, and it doesn't have this (neither does any other bath product of any brand that I own). The new ingrediens list is also very concerning. I started looking more closely after noticing that these are no longer a good bubble bath--all they create is soap scum.

I'm very concerned and will no longer purchase, and I'm thinking of throwing away the remainder of what I bought.

Honored Contributor

Re: "PROLONGED EXPOSURE COULD CAUSE IRRITATION TO SKIN AND URINARY TRACT"

I bought them once.  Besides costing way more to use than the bar soaps I usually use, I found the gels to be too drying for my already dry skin.

I have used the Neutrogena shower gel occasionally (not in my own home) and loved its feel and even the scent although I do not like many scented products.  No idea what's in it.

Honored Contributor

Stopped buying these few years ago, full of sulfates and artificial dyes, what do you think makes all the beautiful colors??  Some of the white creamy ones are dye free. 

Trusted Contributor

Probably new regulations required them to put those disclaimers on the bottles.  

Honored Contributor

I stopped purchasing Philosophy due to the ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

This type of warning is included on most bubble bath products. 

Here is a warning from a Mr Bubble bottle, a product typically used by children. 

Warnings

Use only as directed. Excessive use or prolonged exposure may cause irritation to skin and urinary tract. Discontinue use if rash, redness, or itching occurs. Consult your physician if irritation persists. Keep out of reach of children except under adult supervision.

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

This type of warning is included on most bubble bath products. 

Here is a warning from a Mr Bubble bottle, a product typically used by children. 

Warnings

Use only as directed. Excessive use or prolonged exposure may cause irritation to skin and urinary tract. Discontinue use if rash, redness, or itching occurs. Consult your physician if irritation persists. Keep out of reach of children except under adult supervision.

Yes, but still Phil needs to improve on their use of chemicals. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle Many companies need to improve, including philosophy. I would guess your concern could be addressed by contacting the company directly. 

Frequent Contributor

WHICH REGULATION?

I checked everything else in my bathroom. I have a lot of different products. Nothing else has this warning.

Honored Contributor

I quit Philosophy probably 8 years ago.  I tend to itch on my back and arms in the winter, so this last couple of years I switched to Ivory body wash--and I look carefully for the ones with the fewest ingredients in the list.

It has cut down my itching to almost nothing.  Dove has some not bad, and Aveeno, but Ivory is the best for me.