Trusted Contributor

Ulta has some holiday items on their website.

New shower gel : Dance of the Dew Drop Fairy. Seriously? No indication of what this smells like.  Other than the reruns of Candy Cane (which I do love) Christmas cookie (Ok) and Snow Angel (again, OK, the scent is very floral and does not say holiday to me)and Iced Orchid (again, explain how this is holiday to me), there does not seem to be anything "new" or repeats of what are true holiday scents.

I still wish for the old scents that do remind me of holidays...Spiced Ginger Bread cookie, Hot Buttered Rum, Pumpkin Pie, Candy Corn and Spiced Apple Cider, Caramel Apple.

Cindy

Super Contributor

Thanks for letting us know! I miss the older scents as well. I didn't even see any fall items like they used to have. 

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

Ulta has some holiday items on their website.

New shower gel : Dance of the Dew Drop Fairy. Seriously? No indication of what this smells like.  Other than the reruns of Candy Cane (which I do love) Christmas cookie (Ok) and Snow Angel (again, OK, the scent is very floral and does not say holiday to me)and Iced Orchid (again, explain how this is holiday to me), there does not seem to be anything "new" or repeats of what are true holiday scents.

I still wish for the old scents that do remind me of holidays...Spiced Ginger Bread cookie, Hot Buttered Rum, Pumpkin Pie, Candy Corn and Spiced Apple Cider, Caramel Apple.

Cindy

I saw "Dance of the Dew Drop Fairy" on Nordstrom's site, and I too wondered what it smelled like.  It's offered on its own, and also offered in a "Land of the Sweets" collection, so I guess it's a "foody" scent?  I didn't really think it would be "foody," since the short description mentioned "dewy fresh," which just made me think of something "clean and fresh," but I guess "dewy fresh" could be a fruity scent.

Also, I saw "Hot Cocoa Flamenco," and I think that is new?  I've been out of touch with Philosophy, so I'm not sure if this was offered last year or not, but I think it's new this year?  It's in the 3 piece "Land of the Sweets" set and 2 piece "Magical Mint Hot Cocoa" set. 

Product Image, click to zoomProduct Image, click to zoom

There's also a Limited Edition Nutcracker Amazing Grace EDT.  Cute for Amazing Grace fans.

Product Image, click to zoom

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor
Flyersgirl, I totally agree with you. I miss the old school, true seasonal scents like you mentioned. Those scents were spot on to their names and cleanly scented, without smelling synthetic or perfumey. The fragrances were festive and fun and I bought many of them.

A lot of the newer seasonal scents don't seem to have any relation to their season, just a random fragrance with a seasonal name, such as Snow Angel. To my nose, the scents seem to be moving in the direction of being more synthetic and perfumey, especially the ones with shimmer and sparkles.

I can remember when Bath and Body Works first opened, their scents were spot on and clean scented. I shopped there a lot back in the day. Now their scents are so synthetic and perfumey that I can't even walk past their store without getting a migraine. I hope Philosophy doesn't move in that direction.