Valued Contributor

Re: What's in your shower this spring?

Philosophy Pure Grace salt scrub, love the smell and how it feels. 2nd thinking of trying Pure grace body wash, usually no a liquid body wash gal, but, will probably give that a try and last but, not least, my Philosophy lotion called Beautiful. Smells so good. And makes me feel pretty. 

Honored Contributor

@cal-gal wrote:

@ChynnaBlue- I would also love a matching lotion for Cabana Girl and Orange Pineapple Smoothie!   Believe it or not, I still have some of the Beach Party lotion!  I pull it out every summer - so yummy!   Would you mind describing the Josie Maran Peppermint Bark scent?  Is it a balance of chocolate and peppermint like Philosophy's Peppermint Hot Cocoa, or mostly strong peppermint like Philosophy's Peppermint Stick?  I am so curious to try it, but don't really know if I would like the scent!  

@cal-gal, what a great question, since Philosophy has so many similar scents! The Josie Maran Peppermint Bark body butter sounded like it would smell like Peppermint Stick and I expected some chocolate in it. (I think Josie described it that way, too.) I don't get any chocolate from it, though. To me, it smells like a slightly more mellow version of Candy Cane. Candy Cane is that bright peppermint with a little sharpness to it. I think the Josie Maran Peppermint Bark body butter is that same true peppermint without that sharpness. It's light and so refreshing. 

Josie's body butters seem to come in two groups for me - deeper, warmer scents that linger and lighter scents that fade quickly. Peppermint Bark is one of those scents that doesn't stick around very long. After a shower, I apply it and it provides that cooling sensation of the peppermint oil along with the moisture, then the scent fades over the next 20 minutes or so. You can put it on and then come back later and apply your favorite fragrances without interference.

It was a limited edition scent sold in the fall and I really hope she brings it back next Christmas. We had a very warm fall, so I started using it immediately, then put it away for the winter. I pulled it out again when we had some 90 degree days in February and it's been my go-to most days this spring. I've put a significant dent in the first tub and am happy to have the AD tub waiting in the cabinet.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@cal-gal wrote:

@ChynnaBlue- I would also love a matching lotion for Cabana Girl and Orange Pineapple Smoothie!   Believe it or not, I still have some of the Beach Party lotion!  I pull it out every summer - so yummy!   Would you mind describing the Josie Maran Peppermint Bark scent?  Is it a balance of chocolate and peppermint like Philosophy's Peppermint Hot Cocoa, or mostly strong peppermint like Philosophy's Peppermint Stick?  I am so curious to try it, but don't really know if I would like the scent!  

@cal-gal, what a great question, since Philosophy has so many similar scents! The Josie Maran Peppermint Bark body butter sounded like it would smell like Peppermint Stick and I expected some chocolate in it. (I think Josie described it that way, too.) I don't get any chocolate from it, though. To me, it smells like a slightly more mellow version of Candy Cane. Candy Cane is that bright peppermint with a little sharpness to it. I think the Josie Maran Peppermint Bark body butter is that same true peppermint without that sharpness. It's light and so refreshing. 

Josie's body butters seem to come in two groups for me - deeper, warmer scents that linger and lighter scents that fade quickly. Peppermint Bark is one of those scents that doesn't stick around very long. After a shower, I apply it and it provides that cooling sensation of the peppermint oil along with the moisture, then the scent fades over the next 20 minutes or so. You can put it on and then come back later and apply your favorite fragrances without interference.

It was a limited edition scent sold in the fall and I really hope she brings it back next Christmas. We had a very warm fall, so I started using it immediately, then put it away for the winter. I pulled it out again when we had some 90 degree days in February and it's been my go-to most days this spring. I've put a significant dent in the first tub and am happy to have the AD tub waiting in the cabinet.

Thank you @ChynnaBlue for such a thoughtful reply and description of the Peppermint Bark scent!  That sure was helpful, I really appreciate it Smiley Happy   Wow, you sure made that scent sound great ... and delicious, too, hahaa .... in fact, I have visions of peppermint hot chocolate floating through my head right now! Smiley Very Happy

By the way, did you happen to get on the AD program for the Josie Maran Super Size 19oz body butter last fall?  If you did, were you aware that one of the options for the (second) shipment includes Peppermint Bark?   It was still on the list as of this morning, so if you were interested, you could probably set your next shipment to Peppermint Bark, and not have to wait until the end of the year! 

Super Contributor

Right now I have Sunshine Grace, Sea of Love, Amazing Grace, Crispy Marshmallow Bars and Cinnamon Buns shower gels in my shower.  I will switch some out with the new shower gels from the Refreshing 6-piece collection.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Love reading all the responses. Smiley Happy 

My shower has Cinnamon Buns, Pink Frosted Animal Cracker, Marzipan Dreams, Black Licorice from long ago. The bathroom sink has a set of Gingerbread Man hand soap with the matching lotion from long ago. I have the Falling In Love lotion, and Baby Grace Olive Oil Scrub, along with my brand new Pure Grace Summer Surf body mist and hair refresher. This smells like a salty beach, very very wonderful. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

I'm enjoying reading this thread too.  Right now it's still cold where I am so I have Philosophy's Hot Buttered Rum (love it), Gingerbread Man and Fresh Cream in my shower.  This is my first time trying Fresh Cream and I'm disappointed that it has virtually no scent.  Did I get a bad one? I'm waiting for warm weather to pull out my Lemon Custard and Apricots and Cream.  I haven't tried the Apricots and Cream yet and can't wait.  Enjoy, everyone!

Honored Contributor

I alternate between Seniorita Margarita and Amazing Grace.

I also like Ginger Essence products from Origins and have both the perfume and the body lotion.

Honored Contributor

@cal-gal wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@cal-gal wrote:

Thank you @ChynnaBlue for such a thoughtful reply and description of the Peppermint Bark scent!  That sure was helpful, I really appreciate it Smiley Happy   Wow, you sure made that scent sound great ... and delicious, too, hahaa .... in fact, I have visions of peppermint hot chocolate floating through my head right now! Smiley Very Happy

By the way, did you happen to get on the AD program for the Josie Maran Super Size 19oz body butter last fall?  If you did, were you aware that one of the options for the (second) shipment includes Peppermint Bark?   It was still on the list as of this morning, so if you were interested, you could probably set your next shipment to Peppermint Bark, and not have to wait until the end of the year! 

Thank you, @cal-gal! That's the item I ordered last fall and I did get the AD. My second tub of Peppermint Bark arrived last month and I'm super excited to have it for the summer. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@cal-gal wrote:

Thank you, @cal-gal! That's the item I ordered last fall and I did get the AD. My second tub of Peppermint Bark arrived last month and I'm super excited to have it for the summer. Smiley Happy

Oh how  nice!  Glad you were able to get your 2nd AD shipment!   You know, something weird is going on with my AD - first off, the dates they gave me for my 2nd shipment seemed strangely late compared to other folks.  If some were receiving them in Feb and March, why did they give me May and June dates?  (I had 2 different orders, so I could get 2 different scents).  

Then, earlier this week, they just cancelled the order that had my June AD shipment.  the only reason they gave was that the Supersize body butter AD program was completely cancelled.  If that was the case, I'm not sure why they only cancelled the June shipment and not the May shipment.   Personally, I think they couldn't get the scent I selected to arrive in June, yet they would not let me change to another scent that was still showing as available.  My other shipment (due in May) is for Lemon Verbena, and now it says it is Backordered.  Ugghhh!   I am scared they will cancel that order as well! 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @cal-gal Love this question! 

Just finished a Philosophy 32 oz. Crispy Marshmellow Bars and DH just finished a

32 oz. Philosophy Heaven on Earth Cherry Shower Gel. 

Open in the shower now are L'Occitane Shea Butter Shower Cream (love this) and L'Occitane Cherry Blossom (nice for spring) 

The Josie Maran Peppermint Bark sounds so nice, I'll have to keep my eye out for that in the fall! 

Take care all!  Enjoy the showers! 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24