Valued Contributor

Unconditional Love and Falling in Love

Hi.  I have always wanted to try these scents, but never have.  The way the Philosophy reps describe them makes me think I will like them.  Can anyone describe how these scents smell?  Are they stronger scents than the Graces (Amazing, Pure, Baby).  Thanks for any help you can give!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unconditional Love and Falling in Love

Sweet like cotton candy (imo)

Respected Contributor

There is a caramelized sugar note, and they are both more winter scents than warm weather scents.  I used them many years ago before Philosophy was sold.  They were very beautiful back then, not sure about now with the newer owners.

Honored Contributor

I have tried all the philosopy scents and to me the scents are soft and all are fairly clean smelling, none are over powering. The thing is, to me they smell on the cheap side, if you know what I mean. I love their other products and do use their body lotions, butters and spritzes in the food smells and can't get enough of it.

Respected Contributor

@Arianny  Falling in Love is actually my favorite fragrance in the Philosophy line.  Unfortunately, I've never tried Unconditional Love.  As the previous poster said, FIL is a very sweet smell......a little like cotton candy.  That may not sound so great, but once you're wearing it, it smells really good.  Fragrance is such a personal thing, but what I like about this line is that none of them smell like perfume to me.......just a pleasant scent.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I love Falling in Love. That one and Pure Grace are my favorites in the Philosophy line. Falling in Love is rather sweet, I would describe it as cotton candy with vanilla and maybe black raspberry mixed......It is beautiful and light, I wear it mostly in the Fall/Winter, and Pure Grace is my Summer scent. I use a lot of other scents, but do love these two! 

Trusted Contributor

I love Amazing Grace, though I do think the scent has faded since Coty.  I personally love Unconditional Love also.It is not too sweet to me.  Neither of the 2 you mentioned are strong-just gentle.  As the huge bottle gets older the pleasant scent does start smelling just like any soap.  But I do think they are very pleasant.  I do not choose to purchase the Baby Grace or  Living Grace.  

Valued Contributor

All - thanks for the responses - very helpful!