Honored Contributor

Time to Think about Fall Shower Gels

[ Edited ]

I wasn't overly crazy about the scent I had last year. So - what is your favorite and do you think QVC will get it in? I like seasonal scents for products, but I wonder if I should get something now while QVC has a good selection. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Time to Think about Fall Shower Gels

[ Edited ]

I have no idea if QVC will get it in again but my favorite for fall is Caramel Drizzle.  I really love that one and have my fingers crossed. Which one did you have last fall that you weren't crazy about?

@beach-mom 

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I have no idea if QVC will get it in again but my favorite for fall is Caramel Drizzle.  I really love that one and have my fingers crossed. Which one did you have last fall that you weren't crazy about?

@beach-mom 

@itsmetoo - It was Pumpkin Icing. I like pumpkin, but it just didn't do much for me. I'm sure other people had more luck with it. Caramel Drizzle sounds great, and I'll look for that one. I like Cinnamon Buns, but I usually save that for the holidays. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom @itsmetoo 

Oh, how I wish that philosophy would give us more of a selection of "fall" shower gels! 

I agree that caramel drizzle is perfect for fall and wish that they will offer it again this year. 

I have been using Apple Cider to satisfy my fall craving. It is good, but not quite as good as the original spiced apple cider that philosophy offered years ago. Crispy Marshmallow Bars is another one that is good for fall but QVC only offers it in a set of 3, A525477.

I miss the REAL fall scents like Autumn Air, Harvest Spice, Candy Corn and Caramel Candy Corn, Pumpkin Pie, Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa, Green Apple, Red Apple and Black Licorice. I have emailed philosophy and sent requests to Heidi and Mari Lynn via facebook for any/all of these scents. So far, no luck other than advising that they will "pass on the suggestions to corporate. "

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@beach-mom 

@itsmetoo - It was Pumpkin Icing. I like pumpkin, but it just didn't do much for me. I'm sure other people had more luck with it. Caramel Drizzle sounds great, and I'll look for that one. I like Cinnamon Buns, but I usually save that for the holidays. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

I haven't tried Pumpkin Icing after I read reviews that weren't good but I did have a Pumpkin one years ago, can't remember the exact name, that was very nice.  If you like caramel I think you'd like Caramel Drizzle and I also think it's one of the stronger smelling ones.  At least to me.  I also love Cinnamon Buns but like you, keep it for the holidays. 

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@beach-mom @itsmetoo 

Oh, how I wish that philosophy would give us more of a selection of "fall" shower gels! 

I agree that caramel drizzle is perfect for fall and wish that they will offer it again this year. 

I have been using Apple Cider to satisfy my fall craving. It is good, but not quite as good as the original spiced apple cider that philosophy offered years ago. Crispy Marshmallow Bars is another one that is good for fall but QVC only offers it in a set of 3, A525477.

I miss the REAL fall scents like Autumn Air, Harvest Spice, Candy Corn and Caramel Candy Corn, Pumpkin Pie, Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa, Green Apple, Red Apple and Black Licorice. I have emailed philosophy and sent requests to Heidi and Mari Lynn via facebook for any/all of these scents. So far, no luck other than advising that they will "pass on the suggestions to corporate. "

@FlyersGirl 

@beach-mom 

Ohmygosh, I could have written this! I couldn't agree with you more. Those were all such great fall scents.  Another favorite of mine was Hot Buttered Rum.  Root Beer was good too.  Sadly it seems that Philosophy has been going in a different direction and we see fewer and fewer of these fun seasonal scents.  I also wish they had more 16 oz size.  I would buy so much more if they did.  32 and 64 oz sizes are just too much for one person, especially when you haven't tried the scent before. 

Trusted Contributor

@itsmetoo 

Hot buttered rum is one of my absolute favorites. I still have a bottle of it that I have not opened. I lobbied for this scent (I think the folks at philosophy finally made it just to shut me up, lol) for a long time. They also did a lip shine in hot buttered rum that was soooooo good. (I did use that one up pretty fast!). They also did a Butter Rum cake scent that was pretty good, but I really like the scent minus the "bakery/cake like" note better. 

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl 

I have one bottle of Hot Buttered Rum left too but it's a small bottle. I'm hoarding it because I love it so much but at the same time am worried it might go bad.  What do you think the shelf life is on these shower gels because this is an old one?

Trusted Contributor

@itsmetoo They say the shelf life is 2 years unopened but I've had ones for over 5 years that were just fine when I opened them. I think as long as they are stored in a cool dry place they will be fine. The hot buttered rum is a gelee so I think it should be ok for a long time. I don't think the creamy shower gels will last as long. But I broke down and opened my last bottle of the original Old fashioned Egg Nog last year, which had to be way over 5 years old, and it was perfect.

Honored Contributor

I want my Marzipan Dreams!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.