Trusted Contributor

The girls of summer

[ Edited ]

I would love to see Philosophy bring back all the original summer shower gels. It seems the recent offerings were a big fail, but these tried and true scents were the essence of summer. No perfumey vanilla or florals, just fresh, clean, spot on scents that are summer in a bottle. Miss all of these girls of summer. I hope they come back soon. ☀️🌴🍹

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Honored Contributor

I totally agree...I recently purchased Coconut Splash and Hula Girl. They do not smell like Summer to me at all.

After my disappointment ..I ordered The New Pure Grace Endless Summer...not Summer again for me.

The Coconut Splash smells like Winter to me...roasting marshmallows.

I don't know why they would change a good thing and Philosophy needs a new NOSE for their Summer scents IMO.

Trusted Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I would love to see Philosophy bring back all the original summer shower gels. It seems the recent offerings were a big fail, but these tried and true scents were the essence of summer. No perfumey vanilla or florals, just fresh, clean, spot on scents that are summer in a bottle. Miss all of these girls of summer. I hope they come back soon. ☀️🌴🍹

I also miss the "seasonal" - non floral scents. Love all of the scents you pictured (I still have a 32 ouncer of Beach Party and of Cabana Girl in my stash). I REALLY wish for them to bring back the Beach Party Lotion and lip shine. (QVC had an OTO several years ago of a 24 ounce bottle of 3n1, 24 ounces of lotion and a lip shine that tasted like fresh pineapple).

I also keep wishing for the "original" Old Fashioned Lemonade, that smelled like real Meyer lemons.

I have been so disappointed recently with all of the floral notes in the shower gels. I am a fan of the (pure) foodie and cocktail scents. I also loved the "fall" scents like Harvest Spice (pumpkin/orange) Autumn Air (Tangerine/Cider) and the Original Spiced Apple Cider (although the newer version of Apple Cider is nice).  Sigh.

philosophy beach party body lotion, 24 oz

Trusted Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I totally agree...I recently purchased Coconut Splash and Hula Girl. They do not smell like Summer to me at all.

After my disappointment ..I ordered The New Pure Grace Endless Summer...not Summer again for me.

I don't know why they would change a good thing and Philosophy needs a new NOSE for their Summer scents IMO.

I so agree@DREAMON.  And while they are at it the same for fall/holiday scents.  I miss the good old days of Hot Buttered Rum, Egg Nog, Pumpkin Spice, etc.  Seems like Philosophy is going in a different direction with their scents these days and I personally find it disappointing.  I would love to try the three 'girls of summer' beach scents and also wish they'd bring them back but I have a feeling they aren't.  I don't care for floral or perfume scents.

Trusted Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@DREAMON, I've been looking at Pure Grace Endless Summer also. I'm planning a trip to Ulta this weekend to test it out, if it's good for me, I will order it as well. 

Agreed about Philosophy needing a new nose for scents. My fear for Philosophy is that since it's now owned by a perfume company, that they are starting to infuse all the Philosophy scents with perfumey, synthetic notes. That is totally not what made Philosophy appeal to me. I loved B&BW's clean, fresh, spot on scents in the beginning, but then they moved in the direction of cheap, synthetic, perfumey scents. I hope that Philosophy doesn't go there but it's starting to look that way. 

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I also miss the "seasonal" - non floral scents. Love all of the scents you pictured (I still have a 32 ouncer of Beach Party and of Cabana Girl in my stash). I REALLY wish for them to bring back the Beach Party Lotion and lip shine. (QVC had an OTO several years ago of a 24 ounce bottle of 3n1, 24 ounces of lotion and a lip shine that tasted like fresh pineapple).

I also keep wishing for the "original" Old Fashioned Lemonade, that smelled like real Meyer lemons.

I have been so disappointed recently with all of the floral notes in the shower gels. I am a fan of the (pure) foodie and cocktail scents. I also loved the "fall" scents like Harvest Spice (pumpkin/orange) Autumn Air (Tangerine/Cider) and the Original Spiced Apple Cider (although the newer version of Apple Cider is nice).  Sigh.

@FlyersGirl, I just received a 32 oz. Beach Party shower from last summer's auto delivery, and it smells good enough to eat. I would love to see a matching body lotion. Maybe this summer 🤞

Agreed about the floral notes, they seem to be throwing it into everything. Hate it, if I want a floral,  I will buy a floral. It doesn't need to be in everything. 

philosophy beach party body lotion, 24 oz

Trusted Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@DREAMON, I've been looking at Pure Grace Endless Summer also. I'm planning a trip to Ulta this weekend to test it out, if it's good for me, I will order it as well. 

Agreed about Philosophy needing a new nose for scents. My fear for Philosophy is that since it's now owned by a perfume company, that they are starting to infuse all the Philosophy scents with perfumey, synthetic notes. That is totally not what made Philosophy appeal to me. I loved B&BW's clean, fresh, spot on scents in the beginning, but then they moved in the direction of cheap, synthetic, perfumey scents. I hope that Philosophy doesn't go there but it's starting to look that way. 

@Maltichonmom17

That's a very good point about them now being owned by a perfume company.  I hadn't thought of that and I bet you are right and that is what is happening. 

Trusted Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I so agree@DREAMON.  And while they are at it the same for fall/holiday scents.  I miss the good old days of Hot Buttered Rum, Egg Nog, Pumpkin Spice, etc.  Seems like Philosophy is going in a different direction with their scents these days and I personally find it disappointing.  I would love to try the three 'girls of summer' beach scents and also wish they'd bring them back but I have a feeling they aren't.  I don't care for floral or perfume scents.

@itsmetoo, you're bringing back great Philosophy memories. Loved all of those. You're right, I think their "Philosophy" (pun intended 😬) has changed, and the glory days of those great scents will be a thing of the past. Makes me sad. 

Trusted Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@itsmetoo, you're bringing back great Philosophy memories. Loved all of those. You're right, I think their "Philosophy" (pun intended 😬) has changed, and the glory days of those great scents will be a thing of the past. Makes me sad. 

Makes me sad too, @Maltichonmom17, because I have an obsession with these shower gels. 

Honored Contributor

The seasonal scents are my favorites. Many times the perfumed body washes are too strong.