Occasional Contributor

Suitable replacement for Philosophy microdelivery wash?

I just received a bottle of the New And Improved microdelivery wash.  I do not like it.  I'm surprised they didn't just sell this as a new product because it's nothing like the one it's replacing.  I now begin the search for a new daily exfoliating cleanser.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Suitable replacement for Philosophy microdelivery wash?

I haven't found a replacement, but bought a buff puff and now use that instead. Paula Begoun's older books suggest using Cetaphil cleanser with baking soda but read she's no longer suggesting this. I'd like to find a replacement for microdelivery wash, too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RockChick...I actually prefer the new formula over the old one.  I've also used Josie Maran's exfoliating powder, which you can mix with Purity Made Simple or just a bit of water, whichever you prefer. It does a great job!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I too do not care for the microdelivery wash. I have used the old formula and it always broke me out. I got a sample of the new and do not care for it. So I have continued to use Peter Thomas Roth blemish buffing beads ( it's yellow in color). Keeps my skin bright and clear without drying. I dont think QVC sells it anymore. I get it for a discount from completeskincare.net...about 10$ cheaper than ulta. Works for me!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've used this for years and I like the new formula better. Now I don't have to worry about constantly shaking the bottle from day one and afterwards to ensure the beads are uniformly distributed and don't just fall to the bottom. Now they're actually suspended within the gel like consistency.

I found that I have to use less as well. I just place a small glop in the palm of my hand, add a bit of water, rub both together and that dilutes the consistency to resemble the original formula. I like that it now exfoliates much better than the original.

Try this. It works for me.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

I buy a 5lb tub of NeedCrystals microdermabrasion crystals 120 grit (They also sell 100 grit which would be grittier) from Amazon. $29.99.

Then I mix it with some mother of pearl powder-because I had it from another skincare recipe-use it with damp hands & massage it over my skin. My skin feels like satin.

You can also mix it with your cleanser or body wash to use it that way.

I love it & you can adjust how scrubby you want it to be.