Honored Contributor

Small try-me sizes would be nice

I sure wish philosophy would offer try-me sizes in the shower gels of 6 or a dozen fragrances.  I don't want to buy 8 or 16 oz, much less 32, of something only to find I don't like it.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Small try-me sizes would be nice

Travel sizes would be excellent.  Ones you can definitely take on an airplane.  Aveda sells travel sizes of their products, not all of them, but most.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach Yes!  Yes!  I'm all for that.  So many times I've thought how good it would be to have a smaller bottle of so many things when traveling.

Also, I have people all of the time ask me what cologne I'm wearing (it's always Amazing Grace) and I'd love to give some of these people small samples of it.

Just this week I was on an elevator with three other women.  One said, "Someone smells so good".  One by one the other's said, "It's not me".  I just stood there and finally said, "I guess it's me....it's Amazing Grace by Philosophy".  It's crazy how many compliments I get about this cologne.

I can no longer smell it but other's can.  I have given people in my Drs offices, etc larger bottles that I've had to haul in.  I would like to have smaller bottles to share with them.

It seems like these different companies would like to offer the smaller bottles to give other's a chance to try different one's.

Thanks for posting this.  Hopefully, someone else will think it's a good idea.

Respected Contributor

Ulta has some travel sizes. 

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I sure wish philosophy would offer try-me sizes in the shower gels of 6 or a dozen fragrances.  I don't want to buy 8 or 16 oz, much less 32, of something only to find I don't like it.

Hundred percent, thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

ebay has 4 oz sizes...but they can be expensive....

Valued Contributor

That would be great. I would stock up. Lovethe idea.

Honored Contributor

I'm like you I like to know what the fragrance smells like before ordering. Try Ulta or Dillard's to smell perfumes and creams or gels. My fav is Summer Grace.

Honored Contributor

Ulta recently offered ONE (1) ounce sizes of a few shower gels at 5 for $10.

QVC could ask philosophy to do the same for some of its shower gels.

There could be a set of classics for those who've not tried them before, and another set (or more) of groupings of shower gels people are less familiar with.  

For those who suggest just go to a store to smell them, it's never the same as when you actually try it out in the shower (or bath).  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.