Trusted Contributor

Set of 12 shower gels 6 ounces each

[ Edited ]

another post from Heidi on Facebook along with a pic of the set. Will be on air July 6.  No item number or price but it will be free shipping. All philosophy items will be free shipping during July.

Honored Contributor

Re: Set of 12 shower gels 6 ounces each

I like the small bottles.  I like free shipping too.  😊

Honored Contributor

These are a great size. I use them as Christmas stocking stuffers, in the guest bathroom, and have a few in a "gift" closet. I also keep some by my bathtub. Nice variety each time they do this.

Honored Contributor

All true, good variety, good for little gifts, etc, but ounce per ounce these are never a good value in comparison to buying the larger sizes, especially when the Phil site is having a good sale. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for this heads-up, @FlyersGirl   I have very much been looking forward to smaller sizes, especially of scents I want to try.  I am not interested in gigantic bottles of something I have not experienced.  These look like those soft bottles, too.  I do not like their hard, stiff containers.

I think value is measured not only in cost.  Value is a factor of what and how something is important to someone, and dollar cost is only one of those factors.  

Heidi Guest says, "I’m enjoying chilled gingertini today! Also included are melon daiquiri, orange pineapple smoothie, apple cider, snow angel, vanilla coconut, marzipan dreams, senorita margarita, peppermint stick, basil cucumber smoothie, white cherry, & snow man."

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

@GingerPeach wrote:

I think value is measured not only in cost.  Value is a factor of what and how something is important to someone, and dollar value is only one of those factors.  

I totally agree with you on this point. To get a 32-ounce bottle of a scent you don't know if you will like is not always a good deal. I like trying these smaller bottles, finding which scent appeals to me, and then order it in the larger size.

Because of trying the variety set like this a couple of years ago, I discovered how much I loved the Lemon Custard, and now I get the huge, gigantic 64-ounce size they come out with at least once a year (around Thanksgiving/Christmastime).

Also, the variety sets they offer at least twice a year are usually not the same. The ones around Christmas are really fun. Well, I guess the summer ones are fun too!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachGreat point -  value comes in many different forms and changes from person to person, from product to product, from time to time.

I'm usually a best value per ounce shopper -   but these 6 ounce Pilosophy gels are a better value for me for several reasons.  Glad to know they're coming up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny, I just posted yesterday that I would prefer a set of 12 - 6oz bottles vs. 6 - 32oz and here it is!!  lol

I also agree, it's not about the cost of oz per oz.  I'm someone who likes to keep a variety of scents open (vs. someone who keeps one or two 32 or 64 oz open) so I much prefer the 6oz sizes -- those are perfect for me.  I remember when Nordstrom used to carry them and offer them 3 for $15 - nice deal!  Only negative is you don't get any matching cream.  My favorite choice is a set of 6oz shower gel and 4oz cream and they do offer some of those a few times a year I think -- I'm guessing they may have that for Christmas in July. Right now they show a set of two, A418166.