Honored Contributor

Really wish philosophy would create small sizes for new scents

Instead of bombarding us with HUGE shower gels in fragrances hardly anyone has tried, why not prepare some advance anticipation and actual testing for consumers of these new fragrances?

I would have bought Hula Girl and Coconut Splash in a minute if they had been in a set of smaller, even sampler, sized shower gels.

I am not about to buy something I haven't been able to use or even smell before splurging on 64 ounces of something.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Really wish philosophy would create small sizes for new scents

I agree - I don't  buy Philosophy and wouldn't in those huge sizes.  Shower gel - in the shower - your hands are obviously wet - how does one hold on to a big tub bottle? The size they offer and the price tells me the contents are rather cheap to produce. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree and was thinking the same thing when I saw the presentation at midnight.  If they had been offered in smaller sizes, I would have liked to try some of these scents.

Honored Contributor

I would have purchased both Coconut Splash & Hula Girl but this doesn’t ship to HI. I’m out of luck. 😥

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I agree - I don't  buy Philosophy and wouldn't in those huge sizes.  Shower gel - in the shower - your hands are obviously wet - how does one hold on to a big tub bottle? The size they offer and the price tells me the contents are rather cheap to produce. 

Just for practical purposes, @fthunt, all, or most, of the containers come with pumps and if they're too large for a shower shelf, then they just sit on the floor of the shower.  It is convenient and you don't have to pick them up.

I just would like to know what scent I'm buying before investing in something extra large.

Trusted Contributor

My showers are both tub/showers.  I'm not able to keep them on a showers shelf (too heavy), or the floor of the tub.

Honored Contributor

I agree about wanting smaller sizes.  I like to rotate and never use the same shower gel two days in a row.  These large sizes would last me for years!  Also, not even sure I would like the scents.  If they would have had the same amount of ounces, but divided into two choices in the set with smaller bottles of each, I probably would have ordered.   Why do they insist on these huge sizes?  Like others I'm skeptical that the product may be watered down or they intend that they go bad and we have to toss them out and buy more.  I didn't watch today and didn't order anything. 

Frequent Contributor

Totally agree! Would love a full set of mini-sized summer scents. I'm very interested in trying FIL Summer and Summer Grace. Those plus the new coconut and hula girl shower gels would have been a fun little trial set...

Honored Contributor

I'm bringing this back up again since seeing the latest offering of the super size whipped body cremes in summer scents.

I just emailed philosophy asking for small and/or sample sizes of new scents on QVC. (Yes, I know philosophy works with QVC buyers.)

Has anyone done this, or maybe even had a response?

I find it annoying they keep giving us giant sizes of scents we aren't familiar with.

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach 

I couldn't agree with you more.  I'm not about to buy the huge sizes when I have no idea what they smell like.  Plus, I like to rotate my scents and since I'm the only one using them, the huge sizes would take a lifetime for me to use up.