Contributor

Re: Really wish philosophy would create small sizes for new scents

I agree completely.  I'd like to see a TSV that didn't mega-size everything in the kit.  It takes forever to get through the shower gel, and the body cream part of all the ones I've purchased is gone much more quickly.  I don't want to "give away" a gigantic half-used bottle of shower gel, just to get another scent.  I'd like to see the "regular" scents in smaller kits too.

Valued Contributor

During the holidys Q sells a set of 10-12 of the 6 oz shower gels.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I would have purchased both Coconut Splash & Hula Girl but this doesn’t ship to HI. I’m out of luck. 😥

Now, this is irony! 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

I've found that the large bottles lose their scent or are weaker.  The smaller bottles that I get at CVS, TJ Maxx, etc have a stronger scent.

Trusted Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

I've found that the large bottles lose their scent or are weaker.  The smaller bottles that I get at CVS, TJ Maxx, etc have a stronger scent.

@PatriciaG 

I have often wondered if that was the case.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree also.  I don't want 32 oz. of something I may not like and I also don't want that large size at all.  They last way too long as I rotate my "flavors".  Also, they take up too much room, hard to handle, and possibly go bad before I can use a 32 oz. bottle.  I had bought a couple in the past, but will no longer do so no matter how they stress what a "good deal" it is.   I think it's cheaper for them as they don't have to pay for so many bottles/containers.

Frequent Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I agree about wanting smaller sizes.  I like to rotate and never use the same shower gel two days in a row.  These large sizes would last me for years!  Also, not even sure I would like the scents.  If they would have had the same amount of ounces, but divided into two choices in the set with smaller bottles of each, I probably would have ordered.   Why do they insist on these huge sizes?  Like others I'm skeptical that the product may be watered down or they intend that they go bad and we have to toss them out and buy more.  I didn't watch today and didn't order anything. 

I'm that way, too.  I like to rotate, and I can't be sure if I would like the scents.  Even reading the reviews, I don't know what Twinkling Starlight smells like!  Or Bubbly! 

Four ounces would be okay....two even better.  😉

Honored Contributor

@Lynnster67 wrote:

During the holidys Q sells a set of 10-12 of the 6 oz shower gels.

Yes, you're right.  I think we are all pretty much aware of this, @Lynnster67 .  I buy them often.  

Nevertheless, Philosophy still constantly insists on introducing new scents in large bottles.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

I caved and bought a year-end clearance of philosophy Christmassy items.  Now I know what Bubbly and 🌟 Twinkling Starlight smell like.

It's also obvious that the smaller size body lotions are more concentrated than the big ones, just comparing the 4 ounce and 7 ounce Fresh Cream.

Super Contributor

Yes, even if I loved the scent, I wouldn't want one of those huge bottles in my shower.