Respected Contributor

Re: Purity Requires Ground Delivery due to Hazardous Material?

@sidsmom wrote:

Always up for a good dog hunt, I researched.

A quick search at the philosophy.com website, shipping policy

provided below.  Purity has "cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol"

image.jpeg

Well then, the chemist gave the incorrect answer. And that is not the ingredient that the customer service rep gave me. I believe it was a glycerin. BTW, the special note: has been removed from the website (or cart) when ordering Purity.

Clearly, a completely messed up company. Coty owns this now...correct? 

QVC should take a look into this.    @Beth-QVC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Always up for a good dog hunt, I researched.

A quick search at the philosophy.com website, shipping policy

provided below.  Purity has "cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol"

image.jpeg

Well then, the chemist gave the incorrect answer. And that is not the ingredient that the customer service rep gave me. I believe it was a glycerin. BTW, the special note: has been removed from the website (or cart) when ordering Purity.

Clearly, a completely messed up company. Coty owns this now...correct? 

QVC should take a look into this.    @Beth-QVC

@CalMom

I just found out glycerin is a "sugar-alcohol compound".

Not a chemist, but it does have the word alcohol...so...CS could be right?

Either way, it would be nice if companies would tell us exactly what the hazardous materials are, yes? HTH

Valued Contributor

I know there are some beauty items (e.g., nail polish) which indicate they can't be sent to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, or Guam.

Valued Contributor

TSA regs - the reason liquids are limited to 3 oz isn't so much the water, etc. but what a terrorist could do with the (empty) container.

Respected Contributor

Hi there!  I'm a Wen girl and all my stuff ships UPS ground or USPS ground.  Anyway, I think the reason for them not wanting to ship air on some items may be because some items may explode in high altitudes and that's not a good thing. Being that it's saying *Hazardous Material* I'm sure safety is behind it. It's not that the material is a hazard but the altitude mixed with aerosol cans and the like may present a hazard.  I would call QVC and ask them.  I've always gotten very good customer service and I've been with QVC for years.  I was just browsing around the boards and thought I could help give some insight.  Hope this helped.