Respected Contributor

Purity Requires Ground Delivery due to Hazardous Material?

I ordered Purity from the Philosophy Website along with the Micro Delivery. Better pricing. FYI, No, I don't want the TSV later this month because I don't like some of the products in it.

When I checked my tracking, there was a note, in red "Must Ship Ground" and a question mark. So I clicked on the question mark and it said ....

size: 32 oz.

sku type: coty
item number: 56002664000
ground ship only why?

Ground Ship Only

Orders containing items considered hazardous materials must be shipped via “ground shipping”

Does anyone know what the hazardous material is?

And yes, I called Customer Service and spoke to Claudia who told me that I shouldn't worry because she has used Purity for 6 years. LOL!!! I asked her again what the product contained and she said she would email the chemists and follow up with me tomorrow due to the late time of day.

I'll update you if and when I get a response.

Honored Contributor

Re: Purity Requires Ground Delivery due to Hazardous Material?

@CalMomWonder what changed -  Purity or the hazardous materials list.  Do get back to us when you get and answer.

I just tossed an empty 32 oz. Purity and will start another one later tonight.  I tried several drugstore brands before going back to Purity.  Hope it's nothing that really bothers me.

Honored Contributor

That must be some potent stuff and possibly not as pure as the say.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Supposedly, there was a programming error and it was fixed. However, Customer Service gave me different answers like a particular ingredient.

Clearly Philosophy has many issues with their Customer Service and Shipping Department. When you order through them, you are supposed to get 3 free samples. Unfortunately, 2 of them just had the card with no sample attached. Don't want to bother calling Philosophy customer service.

Supervisor is pleasant but she has no control over the information that goes out.

I did find a 32oz sealed bottle of Purity Body Cleanser for $19.99 at TJ Max but I opted out of getting it.

Esteemed Contributor

Is it because it is a liquid? I know when I mail packages they always ask if it is a liquid. Don't have an answer for you but I am curious now!

Contributor

I agree with the last poster. It's because it's a liquid. I mail items frequently, and whenever I'm at the post office I am asked (every time), "does the package contact, liquid, fragile, or potential hazardous materils for example perfumes and batteries"  Anything that is a liquid has to be shipped ground per airline regulations.  So since purity is a liquid it probably gets marked like any other package that contains liquids.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sherrilz - Thinking back, my Purity always came UPS never by regular mail.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Since 911 and even more so recently. Hence liquid warning. You can't even carry bottle water through airport check points.
Respected Contributor

Ladies, I'd like to give you an update.

Just to clarify, after I was given incorrect information by at least 2 different customer service representatives*, I was eventually told that there was a programming error on the website and that I was the only one who noticed this.  I asked if I get a free gift for all the aggravation and she told me "Yes".   I didn't mention the gift before because I wanted to see if it would come. I did have to call the customer service woman back because she didn't return my phone call as she had promised. Basically, she has sent an email to the chemists, heard back from them, but was very busy and didn't have a chance to call me back. LOL!

Anyway, I decided to call and ask for a supervisor just to discuss what had happened. She called me back later in the day and was extremely pleasant. She told me that she would listen to the tapes and she was surprised I was told these things and would speak to the customer service representatives. I told her, don't do that until the customer service rep  sends me a free gift. The supervisor told me that if she doesn't do that then she doesn't belong here. I didn't respond but I wondered what would happen.

My order arrived with no issue but one of the 3 free samples had no sample attached to the card. No big deal but thought I would just mention it.

Anyway...it is about 2 weeks and guess what, no gift arrived. So, I decided I would call. I asked for the supervisor. She got on the phone. I reminded her of who I was and what we spoke to . She was a......well not at sweet as she was 2 weeks ago. It was about 12:30pm in NJ, so perhaps she was just hungry and grumpy.

Now, the supervisor didn't remember discussing the free gift with me and she told me that Philosophy does not send out free gifts. She did tell me that she would discuss this with the customer service rep. Well, if she actually listened to the tapes, she would hear the discussions but I guess, they never do listen to tapes.

I did purchase the TSV yesterday. Ordered it late last evening. This morning, I tried to cancel it but it was too late. No big deal.

*  Reasons given for the hazardous material warning were CS Rep #1  Oh, don't worry I've been using it for X years and it's fine.  CS Rep #2 Looked through the ingredients and told me which ingredient was hazardous and the reason why it could only be sent ground. 

Note: I didn't use the names of the people that I spoke to. However, I already wrote one of them in my initial post after checking. So here they are.  Customer Service Rep #1 is Claudia.  I wrote down the CS Rep #2 on a piece of paper, so I would have to go look for it and don't want to bother looking for it.  The supervisor is Deliah (sp?) or something like that.

Honored Contributor

Always up for a good dog hunt, I researched.

A quick search at the philosophy.com website, shipping policy

provided below.  Purity has "cocos nucifera (coconut) alcohol"

image.jpeg