Trusted Contributor

I ordered the TSV Amazing Grace  ~ scent was too faint ~ so exchanging ~

Which has a stronger  scent Pure Grace Or Pure Grace Nude Rose ~ And is the rose a significant rose scent or subtle ?

TIA !

Respected Contributor

Re: Pure Grace Vs Nude Rose

[ Edited ]

I haven't purchased any Philosophy fragrances or new skin care for years.  I was overstocked on everything and I'm still working through the skin care.  But I was down to my last two oversize rollerballs of Amazing Grace and a smaller rollerball of Pure Grace, getting a little tired of the woodsy and spicy scents I usually wear, and so and when I saw the TSV I decided to try the Nude Rose.

To me, the Nude Rose smells like a soft rose floral.  I really don't understand the description of it as some derivative of Pure Grace.  I don't think there are any clean or soap notes, only floral ones.  Maybe that is because I am comparing it to a very old Pure Grace rollerball that still has a nice clean, long lasting scent.

I find that this supposed eau de parfum has a strong alcohol scent when I first put it on, but that dissipates pretty quickly.  The bottle is annoying, clumsy, and difficult to use (like all Philosophy bottles).  I think it is a nice scent for wearing around home, on the weekend, and generally out and about, but I prefer my more sophisticated scents for work.

The EDP lasts longer than the last bottle of Amazing Grace that I purchased over 5 years ago (long gone now), but nowhere near as long as the rollerballs I am using up.  To make it last longer, I apply it over some Dr. Denese Hydroshield serum.

Trusted Contributor

@Favorite Son wrote:

I haven't purchased any Philosophy fragrances or new skin care for years.  I was overstocked on everything and I'm still working through the skin care.  But I was down to my last two oversize rollerballs of Amazing Grace and a smaller rollerball of Pure Grace, getting a little tired of the woodsy and spicy scents I usually wear, and so and when I saw the TSV I decided to try the Nude Rose.

To me, the Nude Rose smells like a soft rose floral.  I really don't understand the description of it as some derivative of Pure Grace.  I don't think there are any clean or soap notes, only floral ones.  Maybe that is because I am comparing it to a very old Pure Grace rollerball that still has a nice clean, long lasting scent.

I find that this supposed eau de parfum has a strong alcohol scent when I first put it on, but that dissipates pretty quickly.  The bottle is annoying, clumsy, and difficult to use (like all Philosophy bottles).  I think it is a nice scent for wearing around home, on the weekend, and generally out and about, but I prefer my more sophisticated scents for work.

The EDP lasts longer than the last bottle of Amazing Grace that I purchased over 5 years ago (long gone now), but nowhere near as long as the rollerballs I am using up.  To make it last longer, I apply it over some Dr. Denese Hydroshield serum.

Thanks ~ I found with the AG EDP ~ it smelled like alcohol and when i sprayed it ~ when I waited for it do disapate it never smelled like AG ~ smelled nothing ~ I like clean scents but am afraid if i get Pure Grace is wont have any staying power~ I am not big on floral ~ but if its not heavy floral i may be ok

Respected Contributor

The Nude Rose is definitely not a heavy floral.  I think you might like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I was at Ulta the other night and was interested in smelling the rose but there so many puzzled men there I couldn't get close.  They seem to bring their male BF along for emotional support to make things worse.  Lots of waving of paper samples.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Favorite Son wrote:

The Nude Rose is definitely not a heavy floral.  I think you might like it.

How much rose do you smell ?  

Respected Contributor

I think rose is the dominant note.  There is a certain clarity to it.  When I compare it to my very old rollerball bottle of Amazing Grace, the Nude Rose is a less complex scent.  I don't know how it would compare to more recent Amazing Grace, because this was my first philosophy purchase in about six years.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the Nude Rose and thought it was gross.  I'll be honest.  LOL

I have never cared for the smell of roses or rose scents in perfumes.  Then I smelled Stella by Stella McCartney and loved it.  Much to my surprise, it's described as a rose scent. 

I was hoping PG Nude Rose would be along the lines of that.  It wasn't.  It was an overwhelming, heavy smell of rose.  Like the old-fashioned rose perfumes that I always detested.  I couldn't wash that off fast enough.  

Honored Contributor

I love Nude Rose!!