Frequent Contributor

Pure Grace Shower Cream - rancid?

I am a long time Philosophy girl who took a hiatus with Perlier lol
I missed my scents and bought some Amazing Grace and Pure Grace. The Amazing Grace was ok although the scent in the shower gel was really weak and the edt has no staying power - at least the overall scent was what I remembered.
Pure Grace was another story. I opened the shower cream and took a shower and it stunk!
I was stunned. It has an underlying spoiled almost mildew scent. I had bought two 32 oz bottles so I opened the other and washed my hands with it just to get a whiff of it- the same awful smell. Oddly the lotion was pretty much the way I remembered it.
It should have been fresh because I ordered it from the Q
Does the stuff spoil? I returned it for an exchange to Amazing Grace.
So disappointed. I was looking forward to changing things up
Respected Contributor

Re: Pure Grace Shower Cream - rancid?

I have an old bottle of Pure Grace shower cream from back in the day of Christina, so old it had separated. I broke the tab off, used it and it was fine. 

Frequent Contributor

Maybe the key to this is that you had a really old original bottle as opposed to whatever the new formula is. I guess I’ll stick with AG . I want to buy some Snow Angel - hope that smells the same

Honored Contributor

I have never had any Philosophy shower gels/creams go bad and I have a lot so don't use them up quickly.  However, I do notice the newer ones (especially those over 16 oz.) don't have much of a scent or it is different from the original.  Much weaker scents.

Honored Contributor

I have had Baby Grace 3 in 1, and the Baby Grace Olive Oil Scrub to spoil. They were both from the Cristina Carlino days. 

I have some of the 3 in 1 Bubble Gum also, and they are starting to separate. I will likely trash them because I am leary of products that old. I don't want to pick up a skin disorder. 

Lesson learned, all of the stock up hype is not always a good idea.

Respected Contributor

Yes I have had their items go rancid, even turn colors!!!!