Honored Contributor

Pumps - too bad philosophy didn't give a heads-up

I find that philosophy has stopped including pumps with any of the sizes except the 32 oz and bigger.  I sure wish the company had given a heads-up that this was going to happen.  I could have saved the ones that were still working.  They don't last forever and a fairly recent one just broke.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Re: Pumps - too bad philosophy didn't give a heads-up

I agree. Even the 8oz bottles are hard to squeeze for some of us.

Contributor

Thanks for YOUR HEADS UP! WONDER if they tried them out on ladies over 40? I cannot squeeze their bottles at all! B

Cest la vie, I like it a lot but a great cleanser is not all that challenging to find. 

Contributor

Thanks for YOUR HEADS UP! WONDER if they tried them out on ladies over 40? I cannot squeeze their bottles at all! B

Cest la vie, I like it a lot but a great cleanser is not all that challenging to find. I would be happy with a couple of pump bottles ( small) and a large container for refilling my 2 containers. Esp if I have the " scrubbies" cleanser which always lost it s SCRUBBIES before the container was empty. What's up with it these days?? Rarely see it, but watch a lot less due to the screaming voices of bad microphones, most likely. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  Remember (years ago) when Philosophy had holes in the tops of their caps with covers over them? Those are the openings I really miss!

For me, the pumps became gummy (especially in winter) and I'd waste so much finding clean lotion that I gave up on pumps completely.

My bottles are now balanced on their lids all of the time (on the counter) and when needed, I let the contents flow out into my palm. No squeezing. No pumping. No mess.  Works fine for RA and Lupus hands. HTH for you, as well.

ETA: Plus, less plastics in our world is a good thing.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
New Contributor

I agree for the micro delivery wash. I called philosophy and complained- one issue is most CSRs haven’t been with the company as long as we have and don’t understand. The micro bottle is useless- have had to switch and I hate it
Honored Contributor

The pumps never seem to work very well.  Also, some of the bottles seem to be made differently and are extremely hard to squeeze.  (especially the smaller size bottles)  I try to leave them upside down if I plan to use them the next day or so.  

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I got a 12 pack of 6 oz. holiday scents. I am so glad I saved some of the empties. They have the flip top cap and the bottles are easily squeezed and softer plastic.  Those small purity bottles are so hard. No need for pumps with these 6 oz bottles!!  Glad I have them in my shower

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

I find that philosophy has stopped including pumps with any of the sizes except the 32 oz and bigger.  I sure wish the company had given a heads-up that this was going to happen.  I could have saved the ones that were still working.  They don't last forever and a fairly recent one just broke.

things have changed with the brand since coty bought it. first change i noticed was that some scents were made weaker. long timer users noticed that immediately.

until a few years ago, their web site sold pumps in all sizes, then it went to 32 ounce pumps only, then they completely went away. and like you said ,the products that aren't 32 ounce no longer come with pumps.

these are the "changes" that companies make to save money, but cause people to not like a brand.

Valued Contributor

@Geevee wrote:

Cest la vie, I like it a lot but a great cleanser is not all that challenging to find. 

hi geevee,

i seriously doubt this was tested by anyone other then their accountants, whose goal is to reduce costs. i can't squeeze their bottles either, so like you said, i tried and love the new korres tea cleanser with a pump. i like that the brand uses more natural ingredients, no fillers and things that many say aren't good for you. 

i still have some purity, but when i finish it, i don't have plans to buy any more. fortunately, i have a pump for it. i also don't want to have to buy 32 ounces, just to get a pump.

as the current trend seems to be to market to people under 40, there is no telling what other things will change.  i hope you find a cleanser that you like with a pump (smile).