Valued Contributor

@SMW wrote:

YAWN! Not a single new scent. I'm getting a little tired of Philosophy reconfiguring sets of the same old, same old and calling it "new". Could they have at least come out with something truly new for a TSV?

I for one think this is a great TSV.  I bought one set on A-D and am going to send another one to a friend I met on this message board as a surprise gift for her.  I rarely see the 6 oz. size in sets so for me this is a bonus.  If you bought 12 6 oz. shower gels there would be shipping and handling on 12 items and the shipping and handling for this TSV was $2.98 on my order.  I thought it was supposed to be $3.00 but I will take the 2 cents.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I purchased a couple of bottles when Costco carried it for Christmas last year.  Much better price. 

Frequent Contributor

I was trying to decide as well and came to the same conclusion.  Due to the size, there is no monetary value here - nothing being saved. The only value is the ability to receive the much smaller sizes to try all the various scents.

Regular Contributor

You are absoluetly, positively correct Shelbelle!!

The TSV is a complete and total RIP OFF!!

If people don't see that it's because they don't want to. 

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

I purchased this TSV on AD as soon as I seen it in the insider. Been hoping for a TSV like this for years from Philosophy.

I've already recieved it and have given 3 away as gifts already.  Love all the different scents and small sizes. Great for gifting throughout the year.

This one works for me.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy TSV

[ Edited ]

Personally, I MUCH prefer the 6oz bottles to 16oz and have never been interested in the supersizes (which is fine if you love and only use ONE scent but not if you like to have a variety open and frequently rotate). 

However, I am not interested in the TSV because I already have some of these scents and I am only interested in a few (I agree it would have been nice for some newer scents to be included).  And I would agree that pricewise, it's not a great deal.  I remember when Nordstom's used to sell 6oz bottles 3 for $15 - now that was a nice deal!  But since they don't do that any longer if you want to try a lot of these there aren't many options.   

I'll wait and see if any show up at Nordstrom Rack or Marshalls.  They will certainly show up on Ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the value in it either, worked out to a little more than a dollar an ounce, and I bought some body wash from the Honest Co at Costo today for $.42 an oz. Sweet Orange Vanilla. Fourteen and change for two 17 oz bottles. And pure as can be.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@SMW wrote:

YAWN! Not a single new scent. I'm getting a little tired of Philosophy reconfiguring sets of the same old, same old and calling it "new". Could they have at least come out with something truly new for a TSV?

I thought it was great. It has a lot of scents I've never tried and some favorites. I got it on AD so that I can use the November set for gifts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy TSV

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Sorry---but your calculation is credible IF you are ONY interested in having soap. It misses the point! You are getting 12 DIFFERENT scents---which is the point. With your numbers, you'd need to spend $216 ($18 x 12). The Q is even more reasonable than this by using a 6 oz size/price for comparison --which equates to about $130 as I recall. You are just wrong. 

My math is 100% correct, as I stated it is fine if you want to try different scents, but my math is right on target, and I do recognize the point of trying different scents and having nice gift options. There is never any great value in buying 6 oz sizes, always overpriced from the start. If you think I am wrong, you are deluding yourself since you probably are wanting to purchase it, which is fine too.  .

Your math is only correct if you aren't looking at the whole picture. This kind of math is why people don't believe statistics.  If I only wanted to purchase a large quantity, I'd get several 32-ounce bottles.  And then if I wanted  to give them as gifts, I'd have to buy new packages to pour them into, which would cost more money. But that's not what I want, I want 12 different scents and some that I can gift. Your math accounts of none of that.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Sorry---but your calculation is credible IF you are ONY interested in having soap. It misses the point! You are getting 12 DIFFERENT scents---which is the point. With your numbers, you'd need to spend $216 ($18 x 12). The Q is even more reasonable than this by using a 6 oz size/price for comparison --which equates to about $130 as I recall. You are just wrong. 

My math is 100% correct, as I stated it is fine if you want to try different scents, but my math is right on target, and I do recognize the point of trying different scents and having nice gift options. There is never any great value in buying 6 oz sizes, always overpriced from the start. If you think I am wrong, you are deluding yourself since you probably are wanting to purchase it, which is fine too.  .

Your math is only correct if you aren't looking at the whole picture. This kind of math is why people don't believe statistics.  If I only wanted to purchase a large quantity, I'd get several 32-ounce bottles.  And then if I wanted  to give them as gifts, I'd have to buy new packages to pour them into, which would cost more money. But that's not what I want, I want 12 different scents and some that I can gift. Your math accounts of none of that.

My math accounted for the fact of what you are paying ounce for ounce of the product. I did state that its assets were for gifting or for trying different scents, but that said, it was not a good value ounce for ounce as far as price. There were other posts here yesterday that seem ot have been poofed, that were not as kind as mine, but said the same thing I did. . .