Honored Contributor

I got it without the brush.  What IT or other brush would you recommend for this product.  I applied it for the first time today without using a brush.  I think I'm going to like this item.

Super Contributor

Re: Philosophy Skin Tint w/spf

I tried it with the brush but actually prefer to use my fingertips..........
Honored Contributor

I bought a jar of this at Ulta the other day and am really pleased with it.  I have been using my fingers but should pick up a pack of those disposable spatulas.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee,       Use your fingertips or buy the makeup sponge.  The sponge works beautifully and I use it with my tinted moisturizer every day plus it costs less than a brush.  You need to wash it every day with soap & water.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

This skin tint is way to low in the SPF it should be 30+,plus the packaging is horrible it should be in a tube it is so unsanitary the way it is packaged   plus it doesn't stay stable. Save your money ladies there are so many better skintints with a better SPF.

Valued Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

This skin tint is way to low in the SPF it should be 30+,plus the packaging is horrible it should be in a tube it is so unsanitary the way it is packaged   plus it doesn't stay stable. Save your money ladies there are so many better skintints with a better SPF.

A lot of studies have been saying anything above a SPF is pretty much a gimmick. A 20-30 covers the same amount as a 50, around 98%. On top of it a 30+ if often misused than a lower mount, people don't apply it adequately, get out in the sun more believing the higher number is the only thing they need. Its the amount you use not the actual SPF which matters the amount. 

Honored Contributor

It's a new name for tinted moisturizer.  I would use a facial sponge.  I apply my tinted moisturizer with a facial sponge and it spreads out evenly.  Otherwise, use your fingertips.  I would not use a brush but that is my opinion.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Per Consumer Reports annual sunscreen review:

SPF 15 provides 93% protection from UVB

SPF 30 => 97% protection

SPF 55 => 98% protection

CR concluded that buying sunscreen w/SPF above 55 is a waste of $$$.  In economic terms, it's called the law of diminshing returns.

Most ppl skimp on application - should use a shot glass worth every 2 hours (i.e., a family of 4 spending 4 hrs at the beach should completely use up a 8 oz bottle).

Regular Contributor

I love this product but find that color changes as day progresses.  I use the lightest shade.Any solutions@  TIA