Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy Shower Gel Addicted

@icezeus wrote:

I have way too many Philosophy shower gels to count. To a much lesser extent I also have several by Perlier and Korres. Translation, too many. I do not open (not even to smell) unless I am in the process of using. I keep them in a dark cabinet and I have had no problems with anything ever turning bad on me.

At first I thought I had written this.  I use the same brands and like all of them.  I was going to post that I have never had any Philosophy (or the others) go bad and I have had some for many years.  I use them by season.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I have way too many Philosophy shower gels to count. To a much lesser extent I also have several by Perlier and Korres. Translation, too many. I do not open (not even to smell) unless I am in the process of using. I keep them in a dark cabinet and I have had no problems with anything ever turning bad on me.

At first I thought I had written this.  I use the same brands and like all of them.  I was going to post that I have never had any Philosophy (or the others) go bad and I have had some for many years.  I use them by season.

I also have a TON in my stash and the same brands.  I find Perlier lasts years unopened -- I'm not sure my Philosophy will last as long but we shall see.  Some I have in a dark cabinet, some in my bathroom, which is probably not the best for shower gels. 

New Contributor

Re: Philosophy Shower Gel Read Direction "CAUTION"

I have been using Philosophy shower gel for the past 3 years. Mainly because of of the host presentation on how safe and pure the product is.

I didn't bother to read the directions. Everything I needed to know was explained by the hosts. Safe and pure.

So you could imagine my shock the other day when I dropped the bottle and when picking it up, the word CAUTION caught my eye. "Prolonged Exposure may cause irritation to the Skin and Urinary Track. keep out of the reach of Children". Why is this product presented to us as safe and pure???

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy Shower Gel Read Direction "CAUTION"

@Queens wrote:

I have been using Philosophy shower gel for the past 3 years. Mainly because of of the host presentation on how safe and pure the product is.

I didn't bother to read the directions. Everything I needed to know was explained by the hosts. Safe and pure.

So you could imagine my shock the other day when I dropped the bottle and when picking it up, the word CAUTION caught my eye. "Prolonged Exposure may cause irritation to the Skin and Urinary Track. keep out of the reach of Children". Why is this product presented to us as safe and pure???

I bet that is on there meaning folks shouldn't leave it on for a long time....not rinsing it off....letting it dry.  I have super sensitive skin and have no issues using these.  But I do rinse them off in the shower HTH.

Respected Contributor

I have gotten abit addicted to them also...but I did order a few that were really not to my liking and had to send them back....cucumber basil and ice mint lemonade....I truly couldn't stand either one of these.  

I have Cabana Girl....Margarita one in my shower and love them!  I am waiting on Orange Smoothie and Beach Party (going to give it to my friend as a b-day gift) I hope it smells wonderful...she love's Philosophy also.  It is a risk but I think the reviews on it sound safe.

I am tempted by the great deal on now....2 32oz for 39.00 and free shipping! Just have no idea which set to get...Gingerbread Man or Peppermint one....I wish I knew what they smelled like don't want to make a mistake!  I did once try Candy Cane and I didn't like it much...wonder what the Peppermint one smells like in comparison??  

Geez I have to many shower gels now...what am I thinking ordering another set?

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I have gotten abit addicted to them also...but I did order a few that were really not to my liking and had to send them back....cucumber basil and ice mint lemonade....I truly couldn't stand either one of these.  

I have Cabana Girl....Margarita one in my shower and love them!  I am waiting on Orange Smoothie and Beach Party (going to give it to my friend as a b-day gift) I hope it smells wonderful...she love's Philosophy also.  It is a risk but I think the reviews on it sound safe.

I am tempted by the great deal on now....2 32oz for 39.00 and free shipping! Just have no idea which set to get...Gingerbread Man or Peppermint one....I wish I knew what they smelled like don't want to make a mistake!  I did once try Candy Cane and I didn't like it much...wonder what the Peppermint one smells like in comparison??  

@tsavorite Gingerbread Man smells just like ginger ale. Crisp and bubbly, nothing bakery or foody about it. Its nice. I also dont care for Candy Cane but love Peppermint Stick. To me its not a harsh mint scent like CC. It very much reminds me of the after dinner mints that melt in your mouth and have a slight creamy mint and vanilla taste. HTH!

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@tsavorite Gingerbread Man smells just like ginger ale. Crisp and bubbly, nothing bakery or foody about it. Its nice. I also dont care for Candy Cane but love Peppermint Stick. To me its not a harsh mint scent like CC. It very much reminds me of the after dinner mints that melt in your mouth and have a slight creamy mint and vanilla taste. HTH!

Thank you for describing them....both sound tempting....what to do! I am leaning toward the pepermint stick abit more!

Frequent Contributor

Thats me too. But actually nowadays the shower gels are not so great anymore. Because if you are like me and use them since forever then we all remember they had so many nice scents. Like Blueberry Pie, Banana Nut Pie, Candy Corn for Halloween, and for Easter Peeps scent.......and the list goes on .They used to have so many great scents in the shower gels. Sadly not so much anymore. I buy mine on QVC or at the NEX on Oahu. Rigth now they have again Coconut Frosting . And a few other scents.

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@tsavorite

I love the Orange Smoothie and Beach Party.  Of the two I think Orange Smoothie has a stronger scent but I really like them both.  Gingerbread Man smells just like @AmericanBulldogMom described and is wonderful.  It's been a long time favorite of mine.  I have too many shower gels now too but I just ordered 2 more of the 32 oz in Gingerbread Man.  I couldn't resist that bargain!  I am so addicted to the shower gels that I'm in need of an intervention!

Trusted Contributor

@akdld wrote:

Thats me too. But actually nowadays the shower gels are not so great anymore. Because if you are like me and use them since forever then we all remember they had so many nice scents. Like Blueberry Pie, Banana Nut Pie, Candy Corn for Halloween, and for Easter Peeps scent.......and the list goes on .They used to have so many great scents in the shower gels. Sadly not so much anymore. I buy mine on QVC or at the NEX on Oahu. Rigth now they have again Coconut Frosting . And a few other scents.

@akdld

I agree, I so miss all the fun scents from years fast.  But sadly things like that often happen when a company gets bought out.  I also think the scents were stronger back then too.