New Contributor

I just received my order for Pure Grace Supersize set and I'm already disappointed. The whipped creme is barely scented. I applied it about 45 minutes ago and there's absolutely no trace of a scent.

I discovered PG while shopping at Sephora and it quickly became my go-to scent because it's perfect for almost any setting. The body gel and lotion I purchased from Sephora seem to have a higher concentration of scent than the ones from QVC. 

Has anyone else noticed this? Did I just get a bad batch? I love the huge EDP but not sure if this is a set worth keeping.

Regular Contributor

I noticed this as well. I received a set as a gift from the store you mentioned and I noticed that the scent was still on my clothes when I was loading them in the washer to be washed. I have used this scent for a long time but had purchased it from qvc. I never noticed the scent on my clothing for days after wearing when I purchased from qvc. Sadly, I've heard (from this board) many stores are phasing philosphy out due to it being available on qvc. I hope this is not true. IMO it's a better deal when the scent lasts even at a higher price.

Valued Contributor

I love Pure Grace. But after I spray it on me, I feel that the scent just goes away.  I have to keep spraying it on me. I won't be purchasing it again. I've used it for several years, but I'm done carrying the bottle in my purse just so I can keep spraying it on every half hour. I've never had any other perfume do that. They've always lasted a long time. I did try another scent comparable to Pure Grace called Klean. (I think it was spelled with a K.) I got it at Ulta. It lasted longer and there were several different Klean scents. 

Respected Contributor

I read that QVC Philosophy is manufactured separately for the Q. That is why they can sell it at a lower price, not the same quality as in stores. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234i didn’t know that.I will have to purchase some elsewhere to see if that is true.I loved the old philosophy so much but have been ordering less and less over the years.

Respected Contributor

Yes my last order of Pure Grace was a dissapointment. Not what it use to be.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I wonder if this goes for other brands on qvc? I stopped using a cleasing conditioner sold by qvc because suddenly I wasn't getting great results. Oddly enough a friend and long time user of this same product mentioned she stopped using it for the same reason. I asked about it on the board for this product and quickly was very sternly informed "nothing has changed in quality or quanitity of ingredients" from a casual qvc board contributor not a social marketing employee from this company who is paid to post on this brand's topic constantly. LOL

Respected Contributor

I wore Pure Grace today - layered of course. It’s 12 hrs later and I can still smell it on me. In fact, I spray less of this scent than the other Philosophy scents bc it’s on the stronger side. It’s overwhelming otherwise.

Respected Contributor

@dex.  yes, sad but true. I found an old bottle of Pure Grace shower gel, so old that it had separated. I shook it up and used it, it was fine. The bathroom was full of the Pure Grace scent and I could smell it on myself all day. I do miss the old formula from the Q. I guess they can sell it at a lower price because it is diluted.

Regular Contributor

my 25 yr old daughter loves the Pure Grace and she swears the Qvc items are poor quality she only buys from Sephora.