Contributor

Can anyone recommend a moisturizer, whether or not it is in the Philosophy line, that is not too oily or too rich?

I am 53 years old with combination skin.

I do have concerns with skin tone, dullness, rough texture, and fine lines/wrinkles.

I found Hope in a Jar to be too rich for me.

Valued Contributor

purity lite moistuizer

Trusted Contributor

@GNB1965

Agreed that the new Purity Moisturizer is one to try if you are looking for something that is very light and sinks in fast. My skin tends to be oily, especially in summer and this is the BEST moisturizer that I have used for day time ever. I do use When Hope is not Enough serum prior to the Purity moisturizer and HIAT for my eyes.

I use the "rich" moisturizers and treatments at night.

Cindy

Highlighted
Super Contributor
I love When Hope Is Not Enough moisturizer. I also have combination skin. I used the Purity, but it didn’t feel to me like it provided any moisture and always remained sticky on my face. WHINE (funny... didn’t notice what the initials spelled until now) provides just the right amount of moisture for my skin. I bought it when Ulta had it for sale for $20. I’ve gone through half the jar and definitely plan to repurchase. Doesn’t cause acne breakout for me either, which I have a problem with a lot.
Super Contributor
I’m so sorry. I’m using Renewed Hope in a Jar moisturizer, not When Hope is Not Enough.
Trusted Contributor

@GNB1965  This may seem like a ridiculous thing to ask but are you using a serum of any kind?  The true to way to hydrate your skin is with a serum coupled with a moisturizer.  

I don't mean to offend if you are one of the more seasoned beauties here, but if not and you're looking for advice on how to up your game, incorporate a serum into your beauty routine. 

Respected Contributor

Renewed Hope in a Jar is perfect........for me.

Contributor

I use Josie Maran's Argan Oil occasionally.  I used Philosiphy's serum but have not used it in a few months...I haven't seen a difference using it vs not using it.