Trusted Contributor

Philosophy Fresh Cream questions

[ Edited ]

I just received A285991, the Fresh Cream 16 oz spritz and glazed body soufflé set and I have a couple questions for those who have purchased either or both of these items. 

My body soufflé had no protective cover, just an open jar of body soufflé with some of it on the inside of the jar lid.  Is that how it is sent out to the customer or could this be a returned item? I know my Amazing Grace body soufflé came with a plastic protective cover. 

I was more suspicious that it was a returned item when I saw the condition of the 16 oz. Spritz. In the video of the item description, they are holding a bottle of Fresh Cream spritz and it is a crystal clear liquid and the paper back label is definitely white. The bottle I received has a yellowed paper back label and the liquid is amber colored and quite honestly looks like a "sample" your doctor would request to check for a UTI infection. 😬

Surely, it's not supposed to look that different from the video presentation. The scent seems off as well and smells highly of alcohol. My Lemon Custard spritz didn't have a noticeable alcohol scent and smelled very fresh. 

Have any of you purchased either of these items in the past and if so, can you verify if they are or aren't supposed to look and smell like I described? My concern is that this may be older, expired products. There's no date information or codes that gives any clue as to how old it is. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Respected Contributor

Re: Philosophy Fresh Cream questions

Send it back. Sounds like it's bad! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maltichonmom17 ,

Philosophy Fresh Cream spritz is clear at first, and does yellow with age. It sounds like you received old product.  The protective coverings have not been on the Fresh Cream body creams sent to me. My Amazing Grace body creams have always had the plastic cover. 

Try calling Customer service, and see if they will replace it. 

Trusted Contributor

@KBEANS @and @Tissyanne , thank you for your responses. Yes, I was afraid that a yellowed darker color meant that the spritz was old. If it's already yellow with age, then it can only get worse, I guess.

Good to know that if there's no protective cover, it doesn't mean it's been used. Although in this day and age of sanitary awareness, I can't understand why they wouldn't provide that extra  level of protection for their products. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
I'm sending this set back and wait for both products in other, newer configurations. I can't trust a replacement to be any better than this one. 

Honored Contributor

Defective! Return it.