Trusted Contributor

to add to my previous not.....I don't care for the smell.  to me it has a strange odor. 

New Contributor

Thanks for all the replies.  I found the makeup remover from IT Cosmetics on sale @ their website.  It doesn't have an overwhelming odor and works much better on my waterproof mascara.  The Purity will be going back!

Regular Contributor

I'm a big Purity fan and I don't even wear a lot of makeup, but it doesn't have a great smell.  It doesn't stink, but I can't say it smells good either.

Respected Contributor

I just opened a new purity (8 oz) and it was sealed. I know what wasp spray smells like and it did not. More a medicinal smell maybe. No added fragrance.

Valued Contributor

Hmm I definitely don't smell anything chemical or wasp spray smelling in my purity (the big one) i just purchased. It's definitely a natural scent with no perfumes but not icky either. I thoguht it smelled kind of nice in a non perfume way.

Super Contributor

To me it smells like Ivory Soap, which I detest -- but I love Purity, so go figure.

Now, if you want to talk about an odd smell --  WHen Hope is Not Enough (which I adore) smells like -- wait for it -- Coca-Cola. The smell disappears quickly, but it definitely smells like Coke when you put it on.

Super Contributor
I have heard the most negative reviews about all of these products filled with too many fragrance and not organic or natural Do not lt "Purity "Fool you this is not pure read the ingredients the vendors never list them all the hype is the smell and bubbles well any soap on my loaffah produces tons of bubbles with just a few swipes of pure 100 % soap of any kind organic etc...
Honored Contributor

I really wanted to like Purity.  I used it once and my face broke out in tiny bumps.  I don't get acne, so I was so surprised.  A few months later I thought I'd give it another try, same thing happened.  So it's just me, I cannot use Purity.  I agree with the person that said it smells like Ivory soap; scent didn't bother me at all though.

Contributor

I had the same experience! After hearing everyone RAVE over how wonderful Purity is and how instantly it removed even stubborn makeup, I purchased a MASSIVE bottle with the Microdelivery exfolianting cleanser. It burned my eyes like crazy, did NOT come even close to removing my eye makeup, and left my face feeling irritated, tight, and completely stripped. So I passed it off to my two teenagers who both have acne-prone skin, lol. It did basically the same thing for them and one actually experienced a minor breakout afterwards. The Microdelivery stuff seems "okay". I'm happy for all those Purity fanatics that can use it, but like anything else, it just isn't for EVERYONE. It doesn't seem to bother my dogs and does a decent job cleaning my makeup brushes, although I'd be using something else if I wasn't stuck with this enormous bottle lol.