Trusted Contributor

Re: Old Fashioned Egg Nog and Caramel Apple are coming back!!!!!

@FlyersGirl Thank you so much for the heads up!!! I am so excited for Egg Nog!! And Carmel Apple too, I feel like I hit the jackpot!! I have missed these scents so much. 

I will check out the Livestream recording. 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

Re: Old Fashinged Egg Nog and Caramel Apple are coming back!!!!!

@LovePhil wrote:

@FlyersGirl  Thank you for the heads up!  I'm looking forward to the Caramel Apple!  I don't remember if I've tried the Egg Nog.  I'm pretty sure I haven't tried the Hot Cocoa. The Apple Cinammon sounds good too!  If only they would bring back Crispy Marshmallow Bars!  That was one of my very favorites!  I couldn't find the live stream.

I'm looking forward to the 6 piece holiday set too.

I second your motion to bring Crispy Marshmallow Bars out of the vault! 👍👍

It's one of my favorite fragrances too. 

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@FindingMyJoy So nice to read that you are excited about Egg Nog. And it will be the Original Egg Nog not the Spiced Egg Nog which was ok but nowhere near as good as the original. 

For the apple scents, my experience has been that they are spot on true app!e. Funny, I was going though my stash earlier today and found a bottle of Granny's apple pie that I am now using. It smells exactly like an apple crumb pie. I  can smell the baked apples, buttery crust and cinnamon crumble. So good. And one of my favorite sets that philosophy did a long time ago was called  "bobbing for apples" and it included scents of green apple, red apple and caramel apple. Again, the scents were exactly as described. For the scents Heidi talked about today, I am getting the Caramel apple and the Cinnamon sugared apple when they are released. The apple cider donut has been available for the past few years and I already have a couple of bottles in my stash. I may have to get a few bottles of Caramel apple as I really like that one. 

Agree with you about the free shipping. 😁

@SurferWife ❤ Egg nog!!!!

@FlyersGirl  Thank you for your review of the apple scents! I look forward to watching the shows when they are launched to get more info. A great apple scent for Fall sounds lovely. 

Trusted Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@FindingMyJoy So nice to read that you are excited about Egg Nog. And it will be the Original Egg Nog not the Spiced Egg Nog which was ok but nowhere near as good as the original. 

For the apple scents, my experience has been that they are spot on true app!e. Funny, I was going though my stash earlier today and found a bottle of Granny's apple pie that I am now using. It smells exactly like an apple crumb pie. I  can smell the baked apples, buttery crust and cinnamon crumble. So good. And one of my favorite sets that philosophy did a long time ago was called  "bobbing for apples" and it included scents of green apple, red apple and caramel apple. Again, the scents were exactly as described. For the scents Heidi talked about today, I am getting the Caramel apple and the Cinnamon sugared apple when they are released. The apple cider donut has been available for the past few years and I already have a couple of bottles in my stash. I may have to get a few bottles of Caramel apple as I really like that one. 

Agree with you about the free shipping. 😁

@SurferWife ❤ Egg nog!!!!

@FlyersGirl , I see you have already tried out the Warm Apple Cider Doughnut shower gel. Can you describe the scent for me? Does it lean more toward the Apple or does it lean more toward the cinnamon/spice scent or is it a yummy blend of the two? I see that reviews are mixed and if a spice scent is too prominent it tends to aggravate my asthma. They can be tricky. TIA for any feedback on the Warm Apple Cider Doughnut. 😊

Trusted Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 I like the Warm Apple Cider donut shower gel and to me it smells exactly like an Apple Cider donut. (and I don't usually eat donuts but in the fall I do indulge in a couple of apple cider donuts. ) But, honestly, if you have any concern about triggering asthma, I would say pass on this. I did see the reviews and there was a person who indicated that her asthma was triggered by this scent. 

It is so hard to decide on these based on the reviews/recommendations of others. People "love" Fresh Cream and I really really really do not like it. It smells sour to me and on me (lotions, creams etc). Yet I love the Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere and Soft Suede scents. Some people say that philosophy fragrances do not last on them or have no scent. I have no problem with that lasting power of any philosophy scent that I wear. Philosophy says that their scents are not strong/don't cause headaches. There are a few philosophy scents that I tried that triggered a migraine for me. (Snow Angel and the AG/PG "rose" scents give me headaches). So it all depends on what you like and what will work for you. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 I like the Warm Apple Cider donut shower gel and to me it smells exactly like an Apple Cider donut. (and I don't usually eat donuts but in the fall I do indulge in a couple of apple cider donuts. ) But, honestly, if you have any concern about triggering asthma, I would say pass on this. I did see the reviews and there was a person who indicated that her asthma was triggered by this scent. 

It is so hard to decide on these based on the reviews/recommendations of others. People "love" Fresh Cream and I really really really do not like it. It smells sour to me and on me (lotions, creams etc). Yet I love the Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere and Soft Suede scents. Some people say that philosophy fragrances do not last on them or have no scent. I have no problem with that lasting power of any philosophy scent that I wear. Philosophy says that their scents are not strong/don't cause headaches. There are a few philosophy scents that I tried that triggered a migraine for me. (Snow Angel and the AG/PG "rose" scents give me headaches). So it all depends on what you like and what will work for you. 

@FlyersGirl , thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I did see the reviews where a reviewer mentioned the asthma trigger. I'm on the fence, some reviewers thought it was highly spiced, some not. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I will pass on it for now and wait for the Caramel Apple. It sounds delish. 

You're right, scent perception varies from person to person. I love Fresh Cream and it likes my body chemistry. Warm Cashmere for me was an immediate asthma trigger that was very strong and perfumey to my nose. Strong spice scents and synthetic fragrance do not play well with my asthma. 

I had the same experience with Snow Angel and both the AG/PG rose scents. Instant headache and also an asthma trigger. For me, all of them had a synthetic chemical, perfumey note that didn't agree with me. 

Body chemistry is a strange thing. The funniest anecdote I have on that was once trying Living Grace. Everyone just loved it's fresh green notes but when I tried it, I smelled like I had just come in from mowing the grass. 😆

I was drawn to Philosophy back in the Christina Carlino era because they were so clean scented and not an asthma trigger. I could always order and know they wouldn't be a problem for me. Coty tho, seems determined to make them more perfumey than clean scented. For me, it's always hit or miss with Philosophy these days. 🤷🏻‍♀️