Valued Contributor

I do not remember where I saw this, it was not on QVC, but that Philosophy had a fragrance out that was some type of " Rose" scent and that it was new. This was about six or seven months ago. I have yet to see QVC say anything about this product. Does any poster know anything about this? Thank you if you have any info. 

bamasec

Regular Contributor

Re: New Scent with Philosophy

There are two new fragrances, one is ballet rose and ballet rose nude. I purchased ballet rose at Ulta over the summer and it is delightful. I contacted Mari Lynn about why it's not at QVC and she said it's coming in February. I can't wait!

Honored Contributor

@annie57 wrote:

There are two new fragrances, one is ballet rose and ballet rose nude. I purchased ballet rose at Ulta over the summer and it is delightful. I contacted Mari Lynn about why it's not at QVC and she said it's coming in February. I can't wait!

@annie57, maybe this is a dumb question, but are both of these scents heavy on the rose? I don't care for the scent of roses and figured these wouldn't be for me.

Honored Contributor

I love both of the rose scents.

Honored Contributor

Yes, definitely rose is detected in both of these.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried the Nude Rose at Macy's. It did not translate well with my body chemistry at all.  I didn't get any rose scent from it at all and it was not good for me. It turned pretty rank on me. I didn't get either rose or Pure Grace from it. 

Then I tried Ballet Rose at Ulta. It is definitely a true rose scent. I didn't find any trace of Amazing Grace in the scent, just roses. Unfortunately for me, it was quite strong and perfumey, which is a dealbreaker with my asthma. 

That's  just how it translated on me. Everyone's body chemistry is different. I haven't had any luck with a Philosophy fragrance beyond AG, PG, FIL and UL, with the exception of Summer Grace, my all time fave.   

Honored Contributor

@bamasec wrote:

I do not remember where I saw this, it was not on QVC, but that Philosophy had a fragrance out that was some type of " Rose" scent and that it was new. This was about six or seven months ago. I have yet to see QVC say anything about this product. Does any poster know anything about this? Thank you if you have any info. 

bamasec

They have these new scents under new arrivals.  I was able to try the ballet rose at Ulta and really liked it. I'm interested in trying the ballet rose nude before I purchase the 3 piece set they have.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pure grace nude rose I purchased today and it is a light  rose.  the ballet rose is stronger.  the nude rose smells more like cashmere/ sandalwood  with pure grace with a hint of rose

Super Contributor

I sampled Ballet Rose and Nude Rose. Didn't care for either. My rose scent is Roses De Chloe. I love it.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the Philosophy "rose scents" either.  I like most all other Philosophy scents.