New Contributor

Hope in a Jar for the Body has been retired (per Philosophy's contact staff).

Honored Contributor

Re: Hope in a Jar for the Body

I hated that one because of the smell. 

If you want a good exfoliating lotion to replace it, I recommend AmLactin, Gold Bond's Rough & Bumpy Skin cream, or Paula's Choice Resist Weightless Body Treatment.

AmLactin products have lactic acid (an AHA), similar to the Hope in a Jar Body. The Gold Bond has both AHAs, BHAs, and PHAs (polyhydroxy acid). The Paula's Choice has salicylic acid, a BHA.

And to anyone who hasn't used any of these products before, make sure you always use a sunscreen with any product with AHAs, BHAs, or PHAs, as they can make sure your skin more susceptible to sun damage.

I have keratosis pilaris (KP) on my arms and above my knees and these products are essential for keeping it at bay.

Honored Contributor

Yep, another one of my philosophy favorites bites the dust.  They discontinued all of the face products I liked and they're now in the process of doing the same to the body products I've been using too.  Not to mention  how much the formulas have changed of the few items I still do use.

At this rate, they soon won't have anything left that I'll be interested in using.

Trusted Contributor

I had this on autodelivery twice for the two deliveries each.  Liked it very much. Will miss it.  Had already determined though that it is (was) too expensive for me to continue to use.  Thanks for the above suggestions for a replacement product.

Super Contributor

I tried to force myself to like it, but I couldn't get past the small. Give me Fresh Cream any day.