Honored Contributor

Do philosophy bath gels differ in scent strength from store to store, size to size?

Do you think that these bath gels bought at different stores and websites smell different or have the same consistency?  I was just wondering because I have never had a bad container of Real Purity form Nordstroms, but have had some that were more sort of clumpy and slimy from other places.  Also I have wondered if the scent strength varies.

Any thoughts or experiences?  Like some people think the small Cokes in glass bottles are better. . . LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Do philosophy bath gels differ in scent strength from store to store, size to size?

Yes, I think the Philosophy scents are different at other places. Scents that I've purchased through QVC in the past, Amazing Grace (which I didn't like at all) and Falling in Love among others like those, I either didn't like the scent or the way it smelled on me. I tested them at Ulta and my oh my, I was surprised that there the scents smelled so much nicer; I even liked the scent of Amazing Grace. I don't purchase Philosophy anymore in scents or skincare because I've discovered other brands that I purchase from department stores and/or Evine that I prefer more. "If" I ever decide to purchase any Philosophy I will definately buy them from Ulta.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do philosophy bath gels differ in scent strength from store to store, size to size?

[ Edited ]

I haven't noticed this at all. The Fresh Cream at Ulta smells the same as the Fresh Cream I got at QVC and the shower gel scents I bought at Sephora and Nordstrom smell the same as the scents I got from QVC, no matter which size they are.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not noticed this. I have purchased directly from QVC, TJ Max, and QVC and it all seems the same to me.

Super Contributor

I haven't noticed this to be a problem, and I buy philosophy from various vendors. The scents are consistent whether I purchase them at QVC, Ulta, TJ Maxx, Belk.com, SkinStore, or philosophy's own site.