Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Guys Remember Calgon?

@Twoaces wrote:

All,of those bring back memories, but the funny one that I have is this.  When I was in, either kindergarten or first grade, learning to read and spell, my teacher asked if anyone could spell.......does.    I very proudly and confidently responded,  oh yes!  D U Z.        The old commercial for,that product sang out. “d u z spells Diz!”     Poor me.  I was so disappointed and a bit confused.🤣😂🤣😂

AWWWWWW!!!!  That is so cute!!!

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I remember Calgon, the water softener.  Remember the commercial "ancient Chinese secret?"

I forgot that!  I remember it though!!!  OH MY.  I laughed.  Got such a kick out of this!!

Respected Contributor

I loved the Mr. Bubble commercial, when the little guy in the tub made a soapy beard and freaked out his vision-impaired Granny, saying in a deep voice,  "Madam, how do you do?"     🤣🤣🤣

Occasional Contributor

I used to use it all the time.  It is still for sale.  I have seen it at Amazon and at CVS and Meijer.

Valued Contributor

Vermont country store sells it  Request a catalog and have fun reading it  

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya  Thank you so much for starting this thread! Reading it was a delightful, and comforting journey down memory lane! It inspired me enough to visit Amazon, and purchase a box for the sake of nostalgia. I was excited to see the variety, and am glad to know they still make it.😊

My personal taste in bath and beauty products has drastically changed since I was young, but I just had to get a "souvenir".😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Calgon, take me away...

Back in the day I would include calgon with all my baby shower gifts.  Because of that commercial.  Lol my friends loved it.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

It's early in the morning and I get punchy when I'm tired.  LOL!!!  Do any of you guys remember calgon?  That bath product?  LOL!!!!  I used to see the commercials when I was a kid.  I think it came in a box.  I actually remember Borax, I think it was, I remember Duz for dishes, Lux, Prell, Halo.  My DH remembers none of these! 

Isn't that a scream!  LOL!!!

Yeah...Calgon, take me away NOW!  

(....anyplace with a beach) 🏝

I still use Borax!