Contributor

Re: Disappointed Long Time Philosophy Buyer

I can't agree with you guys more, Im in my 40's been buying from Qvc since I got a credit card and Philosophy was my main purchases when Christine C. owned it and cared about it. Every holiday they would come out with the cutest packaging and scents you couldnt help dropping hundreds on the  cuteness. Over the years she sold the company and the customer has now suffered. Repeated scents over and over with stickers instead of putting the money into packaging. You dont little Gingerbread houses with a 3 piece set, they used to have adorable and creative scents that would remind you of each season or holiday. Now its lazt, packaging thrown together,products reused from other kits and most of all the scents are weak and the bubbles that used to pour out are lacking.It's watching the big companies eat up the small dream Christine once had. I feel the same way about Bare Minerals. once sold buy a well known company it lost everything that made it special. I wont buy Bare minerals anymore and Philosophy I only buy two scents a year, Gingerbread and snowman. It's sad this is how they lose customers. Qvc offers a TSV of the Graces 7 x a year! Im still on the first one! Then they took one of the Graces away (Baby Grace) okay, im done ranting but im over these big companies buying them out nd totally ruining the very thing we feel in love with. Its a shame.

Contributor

Yes! ur so right, its lost it luster and memories for me. its sloppy packaging, not the same formula, no cute novelty packaging. Poor choices in holiday scents. they are all starting to smell perfumey! Were is the comfort baked fun whimsical sets? If the offer one more "Grace" TSV im going to screem! Where is the gingerbread houses? snowman inside a snowman packaging sets? Christine sold the company and they took her dream and flushed it for the mighty dollar and now are losing 20yr. customers, just like Bare Minerals! I refuse to buy from them also, they destroyed the whole point of good for you mineral makeup! SHAME.

Contributor

ITA!  I use to look forward to their holiday collection every year and this year and last I doubt I'll  buy a thing.  I love the baked scents and there seem to be less and less.  Not to mention what happened to the beautiful fall scents like caramel apple or apple something, pumpkin scents, etc?!  I use to love the fall and winter scents and hoard them up for the year.  

My biggest dissapointment is the oxygen peel being discontinued! Smiley Mad  I can't believe they did away with it.  It's the best thing for my oily skin.  It's a world of difference between using it and not using it. If anyone knows of anything like it I'm open to suggestions.  I'm scared to run out.  I still use purity, but notice that is watered down compare to what it use to be and same with micro delivery wash.  

My UCL barely smells at all.  I can't even smell it after I wear it for an hour.  It's a shame because it's my favorite perfume and even with lotion I can't smell it!  I have an old bottle of Inner Grace that actually lasts through out the day.  

I guess the only good thing is it's saving me a LOT of money because I use to hoard the holiday/limited edition scents. 

Contributor

I totally agree. The products are not the same. I still use Purity, but I'm hesitant to purchase anything else.

Honored Contributor

I have a huge stock of shower gels and scrubs, will use them up and not buy anymore, I probably have enough to last another 5 years, always stocked up when they had 30 to 40% off on their site.

Honored Contributor

I really wanted to buy something this fall but couldn't find anything that appealed to me.  Many of you have mentioned the company being sold so that must have been the turning point.

Valued Contributor

So many companies have stopped the inhumane animal testing.They have lost me as a customer.

Honored Contributor

I used to use the shower gels, GRACE fragrances and the Vit. C peel, etc. I'm also a disappointed customer. The fragrances don't last, shower gels are not truthful about also being a shampoo (have sulfates) & I've rec'd some products that just smell "off". & the lotion is meh. I'm also down to just PURITY. I only use it w/ my Clarisonic AFTER taking makeup off w/ another cleanser. As soon as I use up this big bottle, bye bye PHILOSOPHY. 

Honored Contributor

I used the Pure Grace fragrance for years.  It has definitely changed and I switched fragrance.  

Valued Contributor

I began using Amazing Grace when Cacharel stopped importing Anais Anais shower gel.  I liked the AG scent, the ability to have shower gel, lotion and fragrance and the specials that QVC offered.  It is no longer the same; the scent is so faint.  Perhaps after Christmas I will look for a new signature fragrance but it is so difficult to find ones I like.