Super Contributor

Has anyone tried this scnet?   I see a few reviews here on Q and elsewhere...but they are very mixed.  Some say it has hardly any scent. Others say it is mostly vanilla and very little coconut.  I am wondering if any of the Philosophy gals has an experience to share.   This is the one I am most interested in for the tsv..but I don't want to order and then have to return if there isn't much scent.

Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

I love this scent.  It makes me think of vacation.  I think there is quite a bit of coconut scent to it myself.  I got it last year when it was the TSV.

Super Contributor

Thanks DrKelli.  I was hoping for a decent coconut presence..I like vanilla scents a lot but thought this would be more tropical and summery!

Respected Contributor

It definitely is.  Hula Girl (I think that's the name of it) is pretty coconutty too.  I even had someone comment on it.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Marguerite,

I have tried Coconut Splash-it is not overly coconutty (if that is a word-lol) mostly a vanilla base is what I smell. Hula girl is nice to but i find that scent to be more in the fruity-guava and pineapple top notes. Probably a stronger scent is Senorita Margarita-it's like you are drinking a margarita while lying on a tropical beach or any beach for that matter. This scent seems to be more apparent and lasts longer on me. Whatever scent you decide on ladies...Philosophy is my go to brand! Don't forget there is always the option of mixing scents so you can create your very own "personal" one that truly works for you.

Hope this helps!! 

Super Contributor
Thanks so much! I will check out Senotita too!

I just got mine today and I keep smelling it but can't decide what I think.  It's not bad but it's not overly coconutty either.  The scent isn't overwhelming but it's enough of a smell that you can enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

Is this the one that is bright green?. it mist be loaded with artificial dyes, not a good thing. 

If iIdo buy any Phil body washes i try to stick to the ones that are virtually white to avoid all the artificial dyes and colorants they add to mske them look pretty and more eye pleasing.  Just a marketing ploy. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Coconut Splash

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Is this the one that is bright green?. it mist be loaded with artificial dyes, not a good thing. 

If iIdo buy any Phil body washes i try to stick to the ones that are virtually white to avoid all the artificial dyes and colorants they add to mske them look pretty and more eye pleasing.  Just a marketing ploy. 

@Shelbelle , 

Coconut Splash is white. I have not seen any Philosophy body creme in bright green. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle , 

Coconut Splash is white. I have not seen any Philosophy body creme in bright green. 

I know for sure the Coconut Splash shower gel is bright green, it has the blue and yellow dyes in it to prove that. Dont know about the body cream.