Respected Contributor

Cabana Girl, Beach Party, Margarita, Orange Smoothie

can anyone describe what these smell like?  I tuned in when Jill had already done that and was curious as to what they truly smell like.  The larger size tonight with free shipping seemed like a good deal....a close friend of mine loves these shower gels....I thought gifting one of these bigger ones would be a nice idea.  Heck I may get one for myself just have to avoid any strong floral scents.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cabana Girl, Beach Party, Margarita, Orange Smoothie

@tsavorite wrote:

can anyone describe what these smell like?  I tuned in when Jill had already done that and was curious as to what they truly smell like.  The larger size tonight with free shipping seemed like a good deal....a close friend of mine loves these shower gels....I thought gifting one of these bigger ones would be a nice idea.  Heck I may get one for myself just have to avoid any strong floral scents.

Thanks!

if you go to "items recently on air"  and click on philosophy show, then click on the bottle of shower gel-i think it's cabana girl-all the other scents are there....scroll down to description....and all the scents are described...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Thanks!

if you go to "items recently on air"  and click on philosophy show, then click on the bottle of shower gel-i think it's cabana girl-all the other scents are there....scroll down to description....and all the scents are described...

Sorry I don't find that too helpful as most times they don't smell anything like the description LOL!  That even happens when the hosts describe them....I was hoping that someone that actually has them or one of them could share what they think it smells like to them as I find this board to have the most accurate reviews for sure!

Edit....tried to find a few old topics on some of these....found one really bad review for the Orange Smoothie but several others were positive for the others....still not sure.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Thanks!

Sorry I don't find that too helpful as most times they don't smell anything like the description LOL!  That even happens when the hosts describe them....I was hoping that someone that actually has them or one of them could share what they think it smells like to them as I find this board to have the most accurate reviews for sure!

Edit....tried to find a few old topics on some of these....found one really bad review for the Orange Smoothie but several others were positive for the others....still not sure.  

maybe you'll have to go to a store that carries philosophy and smell the different scents..i've tried most of their summer scents and they all smell beachy/fruity....

Respected Contributor

Update: decided to risk ordering 2....Margarita & Cabana Girl.  Did AD also....I didn't want to wait until sometime later today to order as the special reduced pricing on your 2nd bottle expired last night along with free shipping on them both.  I see this morning that's all been taken away so yesterday was the best time to pick these up!  

I know Q offers exchanges on scents....hopefully these will be nice!  I will stop in at Ulta and see if they have any of them open for me to smell in person too.  I figure this way I can switch up the scents over the AD program too.  

I think one of these will make a awesome b-day gift for my friend....and also a XMas gifts on my list later in the yr at the great value!

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite Can’t comment on Cabana Girl, but I can tell you Senorita Margarita is fantatic! Smells exactly like it’s name. My fav summer scent!! (Hubby loves it too actually!)

Respected Contributor

They all smell like tropical vacations and umbrella drinks. Cabana Girl is a Coconut Guava and smells like smoothie or umbrella drink. Beach Party smells like a Pina Colada. Orange Pineapple Smoothie smells like an orange pineapple smoothie. They don't have additional florals or musks, they really do smell like what they shound like. Theyr'e some of my favorite Philosophy scents.

Trusted Contributor

I guess scents are truly different for everybody.  Beach party smelled like pineapple to me - totally - no coconut at all detected by this user.  I was really sick of pineapple by the time I got to the bottom of the large container.  Others have disagreed with me - but there's my opinion.  Haven't used any of the others.  

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom thank you for your thoughts on these! Now I am really looking forward to the Margarita one!  

@Alison Wonderland  Thanks for sharing....I appreciate it!  I hope the Cabana Girl smells nice...my friend hates vanilla anything...so I figured these should be safe.

I went up to my local Ulta today and they didn't have any of these up there for me to smell...infact they only had a few body washes in stock.  Was hoping to smell the other 2 I didn't order...if I liked them I could always switch up on the scent in the AD in future.  

Super Contributor

@tsavorite, the Cabana Girl, Beach Party, Vanilla Coconut and Orange Pineapple Smoothie are usually QVC exclusives, so you won't find them at other retailers. Last July, however, Nordstrom did offer a few of these scents on 32oz, as part of their Anniversary Sale.

As far as the scents, I feel they are very much true to the descriptions, and are very refreshing and tropical in such a good way. I love how @Alison Wonderland described them as reminiscent of Umbrella drinks!

I hope you end up liking the ones you ordered!