Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've used philosophy bath/shower gels over the years, starting way back when Amazing Grace first came out.

I haven't bought them in a while but decided to get the 4-piece supersize "Spring Fling" set back in late February. All the scents are very nice, but I'm finding that they don't bubble up very well when I take a bubble bath. I get a little bit of bubbles but mosty just soapy water... I love bubble baths, so that was the primary reason for buying them, and I'm disappointed.

Question: Is there something special you do to increase bubbles with these?

I'm on the auto-delivery and was going to try the other fragrance grouping next, but I'm considering canceling and looking for better bubble bath.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you have  well water or a water softner ?  Hard water from wells  will affect  soft products .

Respected Contributor

I do not recall the shower gels being an effective bubble bath. It was touted as a body wash and shampoo back in the day. I worked at a store that sold Philosophy when it was relatively new to the market. Christina owned the company and was overseeing development. Philosophy was developed from a pharmaceutical viewpoint, and I do not know that that is still the case.

Honored Contributor

Is Philosophy Cruelty-Free? | 2022 Cruelty-Free Kitty Update (crueltyfreekitty.com)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

I do not recall the shower gels being an effective bubble bath. It was touted as a body wash and shampoo back in the day. I worked at a store that sold Philosophy when it was relatively new to the market. Christina owned the company and was overseeing development. Philosophy was developed from a pharmaceutical viewpoint, and I do not know that that is still the case.

If you wanted your hair to feel like plastic doll hair!

Trusted Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Do you have  well water or a water softner ?  Hard water from wells  will affect  soft products .

No, just regular city water (not particularly hard or anything either). I had been using L'Occitane bubble bath until I got these, and it bubbles up great.

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Is Philosophy Cruelty-Free? | 2022 Cruelty-Free Kitty Update (crueltyfreekitty.com)

What does this have to do with bubbles?

@MG Chris 

Once Philosopy was sold, their formulas changed, it's explained in the article.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

@On It wrote:

The entire presentation was called "Bubble Up", and all they kept showing was people making bubbles and taking bubble baths. So I assumed that it would be a good bubble bath.

Respected Contributor

@Hello Operator wrote:

@On It wrote:

The entire presentation was called "Bubble Up", and all they kept showing was people making bubbles and taking bubble baths. So I assumed that it would be a good bubble bath.

In my experience only the 'gelee' formulas really bubble very much. They are Gingerbread Man and Bubbly. The creamy formulas and scented gels don't bubble up much. These two can be used as a bubble bath if you add enough under running water.