Super Contributor

Re: Back from the Vault Shower Gels A354523

Has anyone used the Limoncello?  I'm curious about that one. 

Respected Contributor

I was reading the description of the scents & it says the Strawberry Saltwater Taffy is a "mouthwatering blend of strawberry, red fruits, caramel, vanilla & soft musk".  Soft musk?  In a foodie scent?  I don't enjoy fruity scents with perfumey type scents in them like musk, which doens't make my mouth water!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01  I Remember Bananas Foster! It was in the Ice cream series.  Warm brown sugar, banana scent and it was SO creamy and moisturizing! 

Squishy Red Fishy smells exactly like the swedish fish candy!  Even the guys got a kick out of that one!

oops: spelling.

Occasional Contributor

YES, YES, YES!! bublegum!!! I would buy a gallon of it!!

Trusted Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I was reading the description of the scents & it says the Strawberry Saltwater Taffy is a "mouthwatering blend of strawberry, red fruits, caramel, vanilla & soft musk".  Soft musk?  In a foodie scent?  I don't enjoy fruity scents with perfumey type scents in them like musk, which doens't make my mouth water!

The addition of perfumey notes to Philosophy shower gels seems to happen a lot now since Coty took over the business. They seem to want EVERYTHING to smell like perfume. Back in Christina’s era, if the label said, for example, “saltwater taffy” that is EXACTLY what it smelled like. Spot on to the name. Now it seems like all their scents, even the foodie scents, have a synthetic perfumey  note to them. I agree with @aubnwa01 , perfumey notes do not belong in foodie scents! 

Those clean, fresh, spot on fragrances are what drew me to Philosophy in the first place. I’m just not a fan of the direction that Coty is taking with the Philosophy brand. 

Super Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 @aubnwa01   I do not smell any perfumy notes in the Salt Water Taffy gel. It smells just like salt water taffy to me.  I am enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

@LovePhil , 

I also have the new Saltwater Taffy in strawberry. Mine is enjoyable, smells just like the candy, and I don't detect any perfume notes. All foodie. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@LovePhil wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 @aubnwa01   I do not smell any perfumy notes in the Salt Water Taffy gel. It smells just like salt water taffy to me.  I am enjoying it.

@LovePhil @Thanks for the info. 😊  Glad you’re enjoying your purchase. So tempting, just wish it was in a smaller configuration. 

Super Contributor

I ordered the limoncello soda and LOVE the scent; it is a very subtle lemon scent and sweet, and TONS of lather, but my compaint is that it has a consistency of a lemony dishwashing detergent - did I get a bad batch? My previous Philosophy Shower Gels have been much thicker in consistency.

Honored Contributor

@tl98466,

I think they did this to make it light for summer.